The New Community Site

Hi all!

Your new Community website is almost ready!

The tuning sprint is now ending and we're giving the finishing touches on what will be the community’s home from now on.

Development is coming along nicely so we brought down the planning mockups...

... and we're now kicking the tires on the QA environment, ECTing our way through. More details below!

Overview of the New Community Site

Cleaner navigation, responsive design, well defined use cases, a new Academy, built-in incentives to participation and huge performance improvements. An all around great job by a great team!

Homepage

While we know that this community is awesome... the newcomers usually don't. They get in and are faced with a huge amount of stuff - most of which they will never use.
The new Homepage highlights the fact that our Community has lots of active people and surprising in a bunch of ways (people helping each other out, useful components ready to use and also nice faces to look at).

Forums

Clean. Focused. Organized.
The new forum helps you better understand what the discussion is really about. The discussion title is emphasized and posts can now be tagged (and searched for using tags).

Academy

We are releasing 58 new video lessons for you to learn the fundamentals of development with the Agile Platform. While you learn at your own pace, you can also ask questions right on the video page and engage with other community members to discuss the topic being taught.

Forge

The same Forge you've come to rely on but with an improved UI and UX!

Ideas

A rebrand of the old Wisdom of Crowds with a slick new look and UX (more details here).

We're almost there! :)

Cheers!
Davide
Go Davide Go! Let's do it!
Great news Davide,

It seems to me that we'll have great changes and some interesting news.
Keep up your good work together with your team and we'll be anxiously waiting for this release :)

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
Hummm annoucing it's almost there, but no date...better annouce it when it's finshed (-;

But seem that it must becoming a big improvement, so can't wait....

Kind regards,
Evert
Go Go Gadget Go!
Hi guys,

Surprise! In a few hours the new community site will go live!

We "deliberately" created a short downtime to show off our new internal server error page.
For those who didn't witness that moment here it is:

Internal Server Error (500)

Hopefully you will never see it again.

We'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
Davide
Hi Davide,

I had the chance to witness that moment..Pretty cool and original :)
And good to know that we'll almost there..

Good luck..

Cheers,
GM
Yeah, that internal error page is definately desktop background material :)

Wow...This is a tremendous change..
Well done!!
Congratulations to Davide and his guys ;)

Best Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
It's (a)live!!!!!!
Awesome work guys!
Congrats!

So... can we discuss bugs in this topic? It would be nice to have ECT activated in the forums.

One quick thing, the pagination is still broken... already caught the new "Oops" error page.
Our teams did a terrific job and we hope you love the new site as much as we do. :)

A few bugs got way but we are cleaning them up as we go. If you happen to find one please return it to the owner at community@outsystems.com.

As for "high level" feedback... bring it on and let's get the conversation going.
AWESOME!!!
Hello All.

As the IT Manager, responsible for the IT Applications and IT Infrastructures teams that were responsible for placing the "engine running" behind this great endeavour, there is a thing I would like to share about this whole process.

First, I can't stress enough the level of commitment of our teams, the Marketing team, the Academy team and the Engineering Services team towards the success of this project. It was impressive and heart-warming to see all these people working together so smoothly, with such a positive energy and so focused on the ultimate goal.

This really brought up  the "Help Others" fundamental cultural value that we treasure so much in Outsystems. I would not want to let pass the opportunity to thank all these fabulous people involved, whithout which, we wouldn't certainly had achieved this important milestone.

This project was impressive guys. I can't be more proud to have been able to accompany it, contributed to it (at least a little) and bask in the positive dynamics that was generated by the extraordinary group of people that brought it to life.

Thank you all and looking forward to more projects like this!

Kind Regards.

Fabio

The community site looks great! All those involved deserve a huge round of applause for the amount of work that went into all this. I'm incredibly proud of where this community is heading! :)

Miguel
Wow - this looks absolutely amazing. 

Congrats to everyone involved, and looking forward to what's in store for this new community!

Paulo
The looks awesome and congratulations to everyone! :)
BIG Congratulations to the team !! You guys did a terrific job. Its a complete makeover.

Just would to suggest one thing. Can we have dictionary for the the textarea where we ask questions or respond to the queries ?

Cheers!!
Nice work!
To put this in "DM-Style" sandwich:
- Awesome work you guys; nice and clean look!
- I don't see a Web App yet; where is it?
- Keep up the good work! :)
Awesome result.
Congratulations to the entire team involved.

Regards,
Paulo Garrudo
Bit confused on the search btw. I find less when I know there are certain posts...
Looks great guys - You all rock!  
Wow, it's a big change. Now to find where everything is again...

Also - great job!
Looks promissing guys ... a few minor details (thumbsup/down are very small)
But in general very good !!
Awesome! Great work! :)
And I like the new footer ... "built with love and outsystems" !!

Unfortunately on iPad the CKEditor is not working ... :-(
Joop Stringer wrote:

Weird, it seems ok here. Much to my surprise, as I believed that was a base ckeditor limitation...

Miguel

Congratulations!!! It's Awesome!
Joop Stringer wrote:

Hi Joop!

It was indeed love, the one that we have for this community - which is made by you guys! You are the ones who keep us motivated to do this and more!

Regarding your issue, can you provide us a little bit more information as:
  • iPad Model
  • iOS Version
  • Browser/Version

Thank you!
And the details in the footer are awsome!!

WHOEHOE, looks great, hoop it also works better, but should be ok I think.

Just one question, what is the official writing of outsystems? Though it was OutSystems (also in the footer and other sites menu (right top)) but the logo has outsystems (it's about the capitals). I'm getting confused by it (-;
@Nikhil, I'll add it to my list.

@Statler & Waldorf
The site search still needs some love of its own (we're working on it).
Missing certifications? Bug! (checking it out).
Evert van der zalm wrote:

WHOEHOE, looks great, hoop it also works better, but should be ok I think.

Just one question, what is the official writing of outsystems? Though it was OutSystems (also in the footer and other sites menu (right top)) but the logo has outsystems (it's about the capitals). I'm getting confused by it (-;
Evert, good question.
Our logo has several elements, one of which is the name.
In the logo, the company name is written in small caps and with out in bold and systems in plain text, topped by the ® symbol. The header of the community uses a variation of our logo, and therefore the name is outsystems®

When we write the OutSystems name in plain text (like in this post) we capitalize the O and S, and use normal text. That way the company name still stands out because it has the capital letters but it makes the text cleaner.

Hope this clarifies.
Cheers
Michel

* Think this time I'm gonne unnotify meself when a new post is made. Trough my music I keep hearing *pling* by this thread replies (-:

mozzello wrote:

Hope this clarifies.
Cheers
Michel

It does, thanks now I know the why

Kind regards,
Evert

Statler & Waldorf wrote:
 Hi,

We haven't yet migrated the Professional Delivery Manager certifications to the Expert Developer level as it is documented in the certification program datasheet.

We expect to have this finished by the beggining of next week.

Thank you for your understanding.

I think it looks good. Nice job. I would like an option to change the font size. I would like a lot more on the screen.
Bug notification: It seems that I cannot "Unnotify" myself without posting a message.
Eric Oud Ammerveld (Running PS version 6.0.1.9) wrote:
Bug notification: It seems that I cannot "Unnotify" myself without posting a message.
 It's not a bug....it's a feature (-:

This looks fantastic! Good job to @Fabio Silva and everyone else involved! You need to send out the 500 page in an email or make it downloadable- it's in high demand!
Statler & Waldorf wrote:
Statler & Waldorf 

It took less than we expected to do all the mappings.
You're now an Expert Developer ;) go brag about it.... :)

And again thank you for your understanding.

Hi guys,

Twitter logo in profile is not wordking ...
Missing most of my badges in "Academy"

I started receiving Daily Digests in my e-mailbox from Outsystems community, but my e-mail settings have the option "Yes, notify me once a week" enabled. I have tried to change it without success.

Please fix this annoying bug :)

Best Regards.
In the last version, i chosen that option ("Yes, notify me once a week"), but now i'm receiving Daily Digest too.
I look over My Settings to check if is Daily or week, but i could not find that option.

Best Regards,
Luis
Thanks for the feedback guys! Please follow this discussion for updates on the Email Digests issue.

@Joop, the social profile links all use absolute urls. Since the twitter handle doesn't start with "http" the browser simply assumes it must be a relative url.
@Andre thanks :) (still, can I have a legacy DM trophy :) )

@Davide can we pretty please with sugar on top have a link on dashboard to go to latest unread post.
               I have to scroll down for 5 minutes(*) now when clicking on this topic.

(*) exaggerating for priority purpose
@Statler & Waldorf, the link in the email notification should include the internal page link to save everyone 5 minutes. My current workaround is End + Page Up. :|
I am a new user, but wishing I was brand new.  Unfortunately I was able to start the Jump Start Courses that now seemed to be turned into videos.  Is there a way to get to the Old Training courses that were more hands on?  The new videos are harder to keep focus.  Can you please tell me where/what the new class Jump Start Training is?  Is there now a cost for this?  Is this new course the Test Questions that went along with the Old Jump Start Course?
hello everybody, 

i just try to do a search in the new community site and in the results there's a bunch of itens with the same title "Community - Forum Discussion Posts", all pointing to diferent questions. That makes the search a lot harder.

Eduardo Luís wrote:
hello everybody, 

i just try to do a search in the new community site and in the results there's a bunch of itens with the same title "Community - Forum Discussion Posts", all pointing to diferent questions. That makes the search a lot harder.

I agree, the search should be looked at. I find the results confusing to say the least.
I even get profile-results.

and please, opt-in the notify, instead of opt-out!
(or the other way around, at least start with an unchecked box!)

Statler & Waldorf wrote:
We have our super designer getting subscribe/unsubscribe back into the design.
@Statler & Waldorf I don't know about your codes, but your suggestions have been spot on. :)
Davide Marquês wrote:
Statler & Waldorf wrote:
We have our super designer getting subscribe/unsubscribe back into the design.
 The "Super Designer" hasn't been on the forum for a while Last Activity: 9 Jan (4 weeks ago)
 :-)
By the way the submit button is not submitting most of the time.
Need to click the button twice before actually submits
Profile page is giving ssl warning:

@Evert how did you end up with express.outsystems.net ???
Well I only clicked on my name to go to my profile page, now it's fixed...

The feedback messsage seems a little bit outdated now...

So, super designer...

Hi all,

We did a big release yesterday while lots of fixes!

Release Highlights

• email digests flowing again;

• email notifications for discussion replies now link directly to the specific reply - Page Down begone
    Not quite there yet...

• fix html rendering in private messages;

• fix upload issues on Forge Components;

• add implemented/work-in-progress badges for ideas:

• fix rendering issues with large Eric Oud Ammerveld names:

• add support for Following/Unfollowing a discussion (without having to participate again):

• re-add the stickiness to our sticky posts:

While this release marks the end of the project post-production period your feedback is still welcome (stuff to improve, bugs to kill, etc).

I'd like to reiterate my CONGRATULATIONS to the entire team behind this project for an outstanding work! It was a pleasure to work along such dedicated professionals. 

Enjoy the improvements! :)

Cheers,
Davide
Nice work guys..
Our Community is getting better and better... :)

Cheers,
Gonçalo M.
Hi guys,

what happened to the "Outsystems Staff" badge besides the user photo of the OS employees? 
I think it was a nice little detail to have, that is, to be able to know that the person answering is someone who works for OS.

Thanks,
João
Hi João,

Expertise isn't associated with working for OutSystems so we decided to drop the badge* and just show off someone's rank. Well... that and our newbies would shy out from participating because the badge made their answer "sound official".

*still visible on the profile page though :)

Cheers,
Davide
OK, thanks for the answer Davide.