Referenced entity default actions

Referenced entity default actions

What determines which entities that I reference get automatic create/update/delete actions? I am refererencing several tables from a local DB. Most of them come into the Data area with all create, update, and delete actions. However, a couple of them only come with Create. I do need to be able to edit this table as well. Is there something I am missing in the extension I am referencing?
Hi Guy,

To see and control that you should check the attribute "Expose Read Only" in the Entity advanced properties:

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
I think i have figured out the problem. That table does not have a single unique identifier attribute. It uses a pair of attributes as a foreign key. This is a legacy db table I am accessing it, so I cannot change the structure. Is my only option to edit records in this table to use an advanced query with an update statement?
That is another possibillity haven't a primary key..I didn't remember that case, since usually we have a unique key attribute.
Since you haven't the CRUD functions, you'll have to do all the operations by hand in an advance query..
Goog luck and give some feedback.

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
Hi Guy

A quick note, the update takes a record but needs the primary key to identify the record and the delete takes the primary key also to identify the record.

If you have a table where the primary key has multiple fields you can always create your own update, delete and even create or update functions.

Just use advanced query to process the update/delete and create the functions using the apropriate parameters

Cheers

Rui