Handsontable issue with IE8

Handsontable issue with IE8

Hi,
I have currently integrated Handsontable jquery plugin to my Mvc3 project.Iam basically populating 24 rows and 9 columns it works fine in chrome and mozilla.But the problem is its not completely loading in IE.The progress bar is always showing the progress sign.Not stopping even after 5 or 10 minutes.The clients are using IE8 only thats the major concern. Please could you help me out here

Here is my code in the MVC view..

$(document).ready(function () {

$("#dataTable").handsontable({
             maxRows: 25,
             minSpareRows: 0,
             contextMenu: true,
             colWidths: [100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100],

});

var url = "/Home/GridData";
         $.get(url, null, function (data) {
             $("#dataTable").handsontable("loadData", data);
         });
});

Below is my code in controller

public JsonResult GridData()
        {
            List<string[]> values = new List<string[]>();
            values.Add(new string[9] { "Test3", "Test16", "Test1" , "Test4", "Test5", "Test7", "Test3", "Test16", "Test1" });
            values.Add(new string[9] { "Test3", "Test16", "Test1", "Test4", "Test5", "Test7", "Test3", "Test16", "Test1" });
            values.Add(new string[9] { "Test3", "Test16", "Test1", "Test4", "Test5", "Test7", "Test3", "Test16", "Test1" });

return Json(values, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);
        }

Please could you help me out here

Many Thanks

Renjith

Hi Renjith,

which version of Handsontable you're using?

Is there any error on IE? like this:

Cheers,
Miguel
Thanks Miguel !!
Iam using Handsontable 0.8.3 version.Not getting any ie errors...
Basically its showing the progress bar as loading...
After 5 or 10 minutes this will stop and will show the message 'Done' without any error.
Below is the sequence in which jquery is added to view.
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/jquery.handsontable.full.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-ui-1.8.11.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.handsontable.full.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
Many Thanks
Renjith
Renjith Gangan wrote:
Thanks Miguel !!
Iam using Handsontable 0.8.3 version.Not getting any ie errors...
Basically its showing the progress bar as loading...
After 5 or 10 minutes this will stop and will show the message 'Done' without any error.
Below is the sequence in which jquery is added to view.
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/Site.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="@Url.Content("~/Content/jquery.handsontable.full.css")" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.min.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery-ui-1.8.11.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="@Url.Content("~/Scripts/jquery.handsontable.full.js")" type="text/javascript"></script>
Many Thanks
Renjith
Hi,

I was looking int github to check if someone was reporting the same issue. But I didn't came to any solution.

But, maybe try to update to last version (0.8.5), also make sure that your jquery.min.js is version 1.9.1.

I'll continue looking for some more info.

Cheers,
Miguel

Hi,

I'm developing an application with handsontable also target to IE8 and I don't have that problem.
I used three versions in my app (0.7.5, 0.8.3 and 0.8.5)

Til 0.8.3, the last version of jquery was not supported and you should use the version 1.8.3. in the last version I'm not sure.

Cheers,
José
Internet Explorer 8?
Wow!
Are they still using Windows XP? Tell them that Microsoft will not support Windows XP after April 8th 2014 and that they really need to upgrade sooner rather than latter.
Hi Jose,
Could you please have a look at my jquery files mentioned in above post.
Is there anything else i need to add apart from this.
Now i changed the handsontable version to 0.8.3 and included jquery version 1.8.3.
Iam still having the same issue.
Many Thanks
Renjith