Submit Method won't work on IE10

Submit Method won't work on IE10

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that all my links or buttons which is using Submit Method won't work.
I'm using submit on links to hide it's parameters and some webscreen requires submit method because of uploading files. Can you help me find a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance 
Hi Mark,

Read here on how to fix your problems with submits on IE10:
http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9826/internet-explorer-10-and-the-agile-platform/

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João Rosado,

Thanks for your reply. We've already done this. (Force the pages to be rendered in IE10 in IE9-compatibility mode) but it the submit actions is still not working. Although I already took other approach like using sessions instead of passing parameters so that the user won't see the parameters in the url.

I have a follow up question regarding sessions, How can I validate that a Session is alive using outsystems?

Thanks again in advance.
Hi Mark,

The topic I linked has 2 parts, one to set the compatibility mode and another to fix the submit method.
Make sure you did the second part instead of trying to find workarounds for things that need to work.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João Rosado,

I'll try to check if the steps were done correctly, Thank you again for your advice. 

Mark Chua
I can confirm that the submit problem DOES exist even when there is no "browserCaps" section.

The fix as described in the link is not effective for resolving all of the IE10 issues.

J.Ja
Hi Justin James,

Do you have other advice to fix IE10 issues? I am still experiencing some issues regarding this.
Like the exception  'OsPage_Validators' is undefined  that only appears on IE10.

Mark Chua
No, I do not. I'm simply going through right now and replacing all Submit links, but that does not solve my other problems (I also get the "OsPage_Validators" issue). If I do not get a reply back on this thread or the other in a few hours, I'm putting a ticket in, because we need a fix badly. :(

J.Ja
A fix better than telling people "Click the compatibility mode icon" that it.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Can you provide a test eSpace where you are experiencing the problem, so we can try to reproduce this? What specific errors are you experiencing?

Cheers,
João Proença
I checked with Justin about this issue and we were able to overcome the problem after checking a hotfix from Microsoft. Take look at our IE10 forum post for more information on this.

Cheers,
João Proença
Now that explains it. Thanks for your help!