Use the environment tab to list, edit, and create new applications. Here you can also install applications and components from the OutSystems Forge.
Once you access an existing application or create a new one, you navigate to the application details screen.
In here you can do the following:
- Set the application logo and a small description that explains what the application is and does;
- Manage the modules that make up your application. Here you can create, move, delete, and edit the modules;
- Check the dependencies of your application. If your application reuses functionality implemented in other applications, it depends on them.
Use the workspace window to develop, debug, and deploy your application modules.
The workspace window has five main areas:
- Editor area: where you design the screens and logic of your application;
- Layers: they represent the aspects of your application - business processes, user interface, logic, and data model;
- Elements: the elements of your application like for example screens;
- Properties pane: allows setting the properties of an element;
- Status bar: displays information about the environment you are connected to.
On the editor area you can find the tools to edit and debug your application:
- Toolbox: contains the tools and widgets to develop your application logic and screens;
- Content canvas: where you design your application business processes, user interface, logic, and data model;
- Debug area: where you debug your applications.
OutSystems Platform at a Glance