When an exception is handled, you can decide whether to log it or not
by handling it with an Error Handler and setting its LogError
property to 'Yes'.
If the exception is logged, you can then analyze it in the logs
available in Service Center.
The Logged Message
The exception message that is logged depends
on the type of the exception:
- If the exception is a Database,
a Security, a Licensing,
or an All exceptions, the log message
is automatically filled-in, and contains a description of the error,
for example, "Division by zero".
- If it is a user-defined exception,
the log message is the text you specified in the Error
Message property of the Raise
Access to the Logs
To check the error/exception logs:
- Log in Service Center at http://<your environment>/ServiceCenter;
- In the 'Monitoring' tab, select 'Error Log';
- Select the eSpace you want to analyze the logs.
Note that you can only view the log information
modules you have permissions:
- If you are using LifeTime: you must have (at least) the List
security level for the application of the eSpace; if necessary, contact
your administrator to grant you the required permissions.
- If you are not using LifeTime: check your permissions in Service
Center in the My Settings link (at
the top right corner) and check out your Security Settings, eSpaces
Granted, Extensions Granted and Solutions Granted. If necessary, contact
your Service Center administrator to grant you the required permissions.
In case of integrations, OutSystems Platform logs all the errors. This
done independently of the value you set in the LogError
property of the error handler.
Handle Exceptions | Types