Few days back we were facing performance issues in fetching the data from the database for some complex queries. I searched the forum and found the below discussion.
What i found is that
OutSystems platform uses Case Insensitive and Accent Insensitive behavior by default. This means we set the NLS_COMP and NLS_SORT variables as:
- NLS_COMP: LINGUISTIC
- NLS_SORT: BINARY_AI
Which is actually causing the slowness. I just did a quick test and before executing an advance query i updated the session variable to
- NLS_COMP: BINARY
- NLS_SORT: BINARY
This really helped me and the queries and returning data way faster than earlier. So far i have not seen any negative impact of it, however i would like to know if it has any impact in futureor it is not a right way.