Translations Behavior: excluding elements visible only in Service Studio

By Henrique Capela on 2 Jun 2010
The Translations Behavior screen allows the user to specify which elements of the eSpace should or should not be translated.

However, among the list of elements there is a large amount of elements that are only visible in Service Studio. This is noted on the Location column, however, there is no way to select these elements in order to specify they should not be translated.

Since in 99% of the cases these elements will not be translated (and I really can't figure out what the other 1% of the cases would be, but I leave you the benefit of the doubt), it should be possible to select all these elements easily in order to exclude them. Otherwise we're left with the tedious process of choosing all of them by hand (and there can be thousands of them in a large application), one by one...

Another solution would be simply to exclude these elements from the list. That would be fine by me also.

Regards,
Henrique Capela
João C. Coelho27 Jun 2014
Nowadays If you filter on the Translations Behavior screen by only visible in Service Studio or just by only visible
you get all the elements which are only visible in Service Studio.

Henrique Capela2 Jul 2014
Hello João,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I have been doing that for quite some time now. I still don't see the point of including those resources on the translation list, but this idea has lost its value now.