[Dublin Template] Suggestions

[Dublin Template] Suggestions

Forge Component
(18)
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
18 votes
Published on 11 Nov (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems Labs
After playing around with Dublin I have some suggestions:

1) Add a smooth animation when opening a Menu Item.

2) Add the ability to close or reduce the menu manually, with the click of a button, and only show the menu icons or a small text description.

3) Add a scrollbar. If the menu has too many items they will not show in the screen and its impossible to access them.
With the latest updates of SilkUI and Dublin Theme the scrollbar was added, but it could be a better looking one and not the default browser scrollbar.

I'm using this jQuery plugin and works great:

https://github.com/noraesae/perfect-scrollbar

Hello Carlos, 

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the feedback.
We will add this feedback to our backlog.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus
I am using the dublin theme and depending on screen resolution the sub-menus may or maynot be available, rather a big issue since you cannot access the sub-menu items anyway.  Is there a fix for this?
Hello Samuel Jesus,

It would be very interesting for the Dublin Theme the possibility of having one more level to the sub-menu.

O menu da plataforma só tem dois níveis, precisavamos de três níveis, então construímos o nosso menu com três níveis. Se puder uma sugestão, seria muito interessante para o Dublin Theme a possibilidade de adicionar mais um nível ao sub-menu.

Grato pela atenção
Allen Witters wrote:
I am using the dublin theme and depending on screen resolution the sub-menus may or maynot be available, rather a big issue since you cannot access the sub-menu items anyway.  Is there a fix for this?
 Hello Allen,

There was a new release of the Dublin Template that solves that specific issue.
You just need to upgrade the Dublin Template App and refresh the references on your app.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus

Thanks for the message, looking forward to using it.

Best,
Allen

Hello Tomáse,

That request is actually a first for us.

Whenever we do a change to a pattern, we need to make sure that the functionalities that are available with the platform still work. To add a third level to the menu, it would require a major refactor of the code, and that would probably damage the scaffolding, so we cannot perform it at this stage.

Nevertheless, I'm going to add the request to our backlog to be analised.

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus
Dublin Theme could have a header search pattern like the Lisbon Theme.

The Lisbon Theme search is better positioned and the input resize animation on focus is better than the fixed size pattern in Dublin.
The new dub lin theme breaks the dashboard of the employee onboarding app
Hello Carlos,

Thanks for the feedback. We will add it to our backlog.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hello Tmlewin,

I'm sorry do learn that you're experiencing those issues with the new version of Dublin.
However, since those issues are inside the EmployeeOnboarding app, we cannot do anything about it.
Please report this issues directly on the EmployeeOnboarding app discussions, so that they can help you.

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Ok.Thanks for the pointer