[Download & Deploy] [Download & Deploy] You are not allowed to use this API.

[Download & Deploy] [Download & Deploy] You are not allowed to use this API.

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2013-11-22 by Paulo Ramos
2 votes
Published on 2013-11-22 by Paulo Ramos
Hi,

Based on the forge component I extended the Download & Deploy solution in order to create a Nightly Build on our Development environment.

I tested this solution successfully on my Personal test environment on the Outsystems Cloud, but when running this same version on the Enterprise edition's Development environment I get the following error on the Solutions.Download() action:
  • ssServiceCenter.ExcptNoPermission: You are not allowed to use this API. Please contact OutSystems in order to get access to this API.
  •    at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.Solutions.Download(String inWSSolutionName, Int32 inWSSolutionVersionId, String inWSusername, String inWSpassword, Int32& outWSSolutionDownloadOpId, Byte[]& outWSfile)

After discussing with Outsystems (which is stated in the error message) I got the following reaction:
  • The 'Solution' webservice from Service Center is not a supported API and exists for one of our internal use cases. According to this fact, there is no available documentation from OutSystems on this API.
  • The fact that you can use it on a Personal Environment relies on the fact that there are different configurations between Personal and Enterprise environments, however it is not expected that this API be used besides on internal use cases of the OutSystems Platform.
  • Currently there is no alternative to automate the process of creating and publishing solutions. For this reason, you have to do it on Service Center, manually.
This means that the [Download & Deploy] is no longer usable in the latest version of Outsystems (when running an Enterprise Edition).
Hi Remco,

Thanks for the feedback. It's possible this has changed in recent versions. Although the component detail page has a disclaimer regarding the internal APIs, I'll change the description to make it more visible.