[Liverpool Template] RTL web Block

[Liverpool Template] RTL web Block

Forge Component
(14)
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
14 votes
Published on 10 May by OutSystems Labs
Dears,
I can see that there's RTL web block in Liverpool Theme espace. i want to use it to produce arabic content. There were 2 discussions posted about RTL but it used London templates.

any idea how i can update liverpool layout to show RTL ?

The layout is telling you that when the currentLocale is "AR", it will use the RTL-webblock, which in effect is loading up the RTL.css.

so what you can do:

- setting the locale to AR
- changing the if-condition in the layout to match your locale.
- remove the if-bloc, keep the RTL.webblock.

Hello Bil,

J.'s answer is spot on, but let me just add something.

If you decide to go for the approach where you need to change the layout, let me suggest that you copy the layout to your own application. 
If you change it directly on the LiverpoolTheme eSpace, whenever a new version is released, the upgrade process will be a bit more complex, forcing you to manually merge eSpaces.

Cheers,
Samuel Jesus

J. wrote:

The layout is telling you that when the currentLocale is "AR", it will use the RTL-webblock, which in effect is loading up the RTL.css.

so what you can do:

- setting the locale to AR
- changing the if-condition in the layout to match your locale.
- remove the if-bloc, keep the RTL.webblock.

J.

Thanks for your reply, i just came to check if i got an answer to my question, when it's the time to implement this RTL issue. I understand now how to allow this RTL to work, but unfortunately i found the RTL.CSS has only comments and no special adjustment was provided. I don't want to interrupt how the silky UI works by editing manually what i think will help in converting the page from LTR to RTL.

Any advice ?