The specified path, file name, or both are too long.

The specified path, file name, or both are too long.

Hello everybody!

I have Agregation with 13 tables joining. During publishing I have an error:

Internal Error

Invalid compiler output.
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

Exception Details:
[1] Internal Error: Invalid compiler output.
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Compile>b__2()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Utils.CompilerUtils.WithOverridenSettings(IDictionary`2 settingsOverride, Action body)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Compile>b__1()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
[2] System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
   at System.IO.PathHelper.GetFullPathName()
   at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Utils.CompilerUtils.GetFullPath(String filename, CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.CodeWriters.TextTemplate.#tBd(AbstractObject obj, String targetFile, Boolean isProjectFile)
   at #rQc.#qQc.#mQc(IStructureType structure)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.AbstractRecord.AfterDumpStructure(TextWriter writer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.<DumpRecordJoins>b__60(TextWriter writer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.DumpRecordJoins()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompile(CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(CompilationContext context)

What is possible way to fix the situation?
Hi valerij,
It seems like an IO error , are you doing any IO operation in your code?

Regards
-PJ-
Pramod Jain wrote:
Hi valerij,
It seems like an IO error , are you doing any IO operation in your code?

Regards
-PJ-
No, I don't. It is because of many sourses in SQL Aggragation action. If I remove some sources no error occures.

What version of OS are you using , this may be  version specific problem as so far i used many sources in aggrigate but never gets such issue.
Alternatively can you please replace your aggrigate with advance query and try if it solve your problem (hopefully it will)

Regards
-PJ-
Hi Valerij,

I don't think it's the aggregate that causes this problem. The error you are getting points to a file name being too long, and I've never seen aggregates pop up as source files, only action names. What makes you think it's this specific aggregate that causes this problem? What if you delete it (and any references to it) and republish?
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi Valerij,

I don't think it's the aggregate that causes this problem. The error you are getting points to a file name being too long, and I've never seen aggregates pop up as source files, only action names. What makes you think it's this specific aggregate that causes this problem? What if you delete it (and any references to it) and republish?
Error appears after adding two new sources to agregation (both cases are geting data from already existing in query table but with different condition). If I remove a couple of sources from agregation no error occures during publishing.

I use 9.0.1.60 version.
What stack? .NET or Java?

Try using Long Path Tool.It resolves issues for path name too long.