Service center installation

Service center installation

  

Hello all
I have some troubles with installation Service Center 

ServiceCenter initialization failed. Response code: OK. Response content 


Application with key 00000000-0000-0000-0000-006f74686572 not found



I can't login into service center site.



Hello Dmitry,


where you upgrading an environment or was that a fresh installation?

HI Dmitry.  I got an similar issue when I was installing p10.  In my case I forgot to restart machine just after update the .net in the server. I solve it restarting machine and re-runing configuration tooll to reinstall service center.

Best regards

Fabio


Hi Fantato,

You saying after installing the latest .net framework?


Regards

-PJ-



Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Fantato,

You saying after installing the latest .net framework?


Regards

-PJ-



Yes. If you try to run service center instalation withou restart the machine just after uppdate .net 4.6.1. Some similar errors eill be shown. I am just restart the machine and run again. This woked for me.


Regards

Fantato


Hi,


We are also encountering the same error.
We are installing Service Center 10.0 in a newly Installed Server.
I performed all the checklist but unfortunately same error.
Hope you can suggest other solution?

Hello Arvin,


you also don't have access to the Internet from your server?

Pedro Cardoso wrote:

Hello Arvin,


you also don't have access to the Internet from your server?


Yes



Hi, 

I just solve it by enabling the Internet access of Server.



I think it is communicating to validate the license.

Hello Arvin, it might look like that, but in fact it is not. It's a stupid bug we left in the code. Whenever you create a new application we're checking the Health of the service that builds the Native Applications, and if the check fails, there's a bit of code that was left unprotected and it's causing a rollback in the database. 

I'm really sorry for the error. We have fixed it and it should be out in the streets in no time. Again, sorry if this made you lose some time :(

Pedro Cardoso wrote:

Hello Arvin, it might look like that, but in fact it is not. It's a stupid bug we left in the code. Whenever you create a new application we're checking the Health of the service that builds the Native Applications, and if the check fails, there's a bit of code that was left unprotected and it's causing a rollback in the database. 

I'm really sorry for the error. We have fixed it and it should be out in the streets in no time. Again, sorry if this made you lose some time :(

Yeah Please. I almost escalate it to Expert Development. 

Thanks also for the hint.