Views
Comments
Solved
Cart logic for a mobile app
Question

Hello, I'm learning app development using OutSystems, I am trying to create an eCommerce app. 

I'm having some problems with the cart logic, I can't figure out how can I make a cart for the app, what is the logic here. 

I apologize if my question is naive but I really can't figure out what should be the logic behind the cart.

Thanks in advance.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Riyad,

Why do you think saving the items to the database is not a good idea?

Not only is a good Idea, as it is the common behaviour of these applications.
Otherwise, everytime you login, your cart for an unfineshed purchase would be empty, but in most online stores it isn't  :)

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Riyad,

I assume that with "cart" you mean a virtual shopping cart that contains the items the user wishes to purchase? What exactly don't you know how to handle? What kind of "logic" are you searching for?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Riyad,

Why do you think saving the items to the database is not a good idea?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ana,

These is no "cart logic". You just add the selected item to the database entity representing the shopping cart, that's it.

Hello, I am Reuse The eCommerce Template which is previously available in OutSystems.

i developed a ecommerce app and i unable to refresh the cart . so please help me

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Subhashish,

Your question is not directly related to this topic, so please create a new one, thanks.