String Split

Hi.

I'm trying to perform a string split using a string delimiter. I found the String_Split function in the Text XIF, but it returns a text record list, rather than a text list. When I try to assign it to a text list, it gives me the error that at least one value must be mapped.

Do I have to use a ForEach to iterate through the String_Split output and assign one at a time?

How do I retrieve only the text list?

Thanks!

Hi Saurav,

You can iterate or catch with index the array if necessary.

César, I understand a different question.

How to transform a Tex Record List to Text List?

• First you create a Text List variable.
  • Then you call action ListAppendAll to copy the content of a list to another.
  • On the assign you can map values. Text.Value becomes Text and you can use the new TextList as you wanted.

Is this want you need Saurav?

Nuno Reis wrote:

César, I understand a different question.

How to transform a Tex Record List to Text List?

• First you create a Text List variable.
  • Then you call action ListAppendAll to copy the content of a list to another.
  • On the assign you can map values. Text.Value becomes Text and you can use the new TextList as you wanted.

Is this want you need Saurav?

Thats true Nuno. Now reading with more attention I think that is.

How to assign Split data from text to List to show on listview?

Hi Saurav,

You can use AppendAll to copy the all data in once.

Regards

-SK-

Solution

Hi Saurav,

Although you can use ListAppendAll, the simplest way is just using an Assign node, as you tried earlier on. But since the two lists are technically different in structure, you'll have to fill in the mapping (which attributes to copy from one to another). That's what the error message means.

See the picture below for an example.

Solution