Hi,

I'm trying to use A link on my web app to open outlook and populate the TO: with the email address on the link 

Solution

Hello Imraan,

Use "mailto:email" in the href (destination URL). It will open the configured mail client. If it is Outlook, it will open it.

This is not an OutSystems related question, by the way.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Imraan,

Use "mailto:email" in the href (destination URL). It will open the configured mail client. If it is Outlook, it will open it.

This is not an OutSystems related question, by the way.

Cheers.

Thanks that did work and it is an outsystems related question because i was not sure if outsystems had an action to perform this out the box  

Hi Imraan,

Adding to what Eduardo explained: you will need to use External URL as the Destination for your Link, so that the URL attribute shows up and you can pass it the value: 

"mailto:" + EmailAddress

This will open the default email client of the user, with the TO: field filled in with the email address provided.

Hi Imraan,

First thanks for above its working for me,can you please tell me how to add subject.

Hi Shi K,

You can give this a go, I used this in Visual Studio but it should work the same on Outsystems

mailto:support@EmailAddr?subject=Subject

Kind regards 

Hi Imraan,

Iam working on simillar kind of functionality. Do you know how to attach text files with this email?

Hi,

I would use the Attach file widget into my logic flow, so rather make the link destination a screen action where you can use the logic flow to add a file, I don't think there is a way to add it from a mailto link.

Kind regards

Hi Sankareswari Muthiah and Imraan Ismail,

You cannot add attachments of any kind to an email link.

You can at most provide email addresses you want to send the email to, the subject of the email and even the text body, but nothing fancier (including files).

If you want to attach files to a generated email, your best option is using OutSystems' email sending capabilities.

Thanks Imraan and Jorge,

I was trying to use Send Email and Attach File. How ever, I want to add To Email addresses during runtime. Is that possible using Send Email functionality?.

Do you know how to fetch file from the particular folder to attach to email in the logic flow. Please help me. Thanks

The To property of the Send Email tool can receive a variable... and you can use the e-mail built-in functions to help you build it.

If you want to fetch files from the OutSystems Server's filesystem you can use the FileSystem forge component. If you want to use a file from your users computers' filesystems you will first need to upload it to your OutSystems application using the Upload widget (check here for more information on how to achieve that).