[AppLauncherPlugin] Call Native Android & iOS native app, and get the response value

[AppLauncherPlugin] Call Native Android & iOS native app, and get the response value

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 10 Aug by Eduardo Jauch
5 votes
Published on 10 Aug by Eduardo Jauch

Hi,

I'm trying to use the AppLauncher plugin to call a native app (with some parameters), and expect a return/response from the call.

How can I do that using the plugin?

Thanks

Regards,

Vincent

Hello Vincent,

In theory, as I didn't tested it, you can do it passing something like this:

"{""actionName"":""your action here"", ""dataType"":""text/plain"", ""extras"":[{""name"":""android.intent.extra.TEXT"",""value"":""this is a test"", ""dataType"":""String""}]}"

The returned data (text) should be in the ReturnData of the Launch actions.
The launch by action is the only one, in the code, that will (potentially, as not tested) return data.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

But the provided Lauch and LaunchWithData action from the plugin only return the Success (boolean) and Error (code + message text).

How can I get the returned value from these action?

or maybe I'm using the wrong action?

Regards,

Vincent

Hello Vincent,

Which version of the component are you using?
In version 0.2.1, the ReturnData output was added:

Beware that I didn't tested it... ;)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hello Vincent.

Was you able to use the plugin?

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for following up.

Indeed, after updating the plugin the new ReturnData output shows up, but we still unable to get the return value.

Somehow after we call the Launch action, we cannot get anything, even the success status (we can get that value previously)

Any suggestion on how to do that?

Thanks

Regards,

Vincent

Hum...

Ok. I'll have to investigate deeper.
When I have something new I come back here.

Cheers.
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

So the parts inside blue box was called, but the one in the red box is not called.

Thanks

Regards,

Vincent