Download Files Option for the application

Download Files Option for the application

How to Add Functionality to give a download option in application where user can download files like DOC, PDF.

Hi Ravi,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Do you want to allow the user to download files? If so, where are these files coming from?

Hi Ravi,

I will complement the questions Kilian did asking one very important thing. Is it a MOBILE or WEB application?
And what exactly is your requirement?

And, most important, did you the online training? ;)

In any case, if it is web, you execute a screen action and at the end of the screen action you replace the End node by a Download:

You have to give to it the binary (file content) and the file name.

If it is mobile, you can take a look here: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/27001/how-to-download-pdf-docx-xlsx-from-binary-in-db-to-mobile-app/

Cheers.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for Reply.

File is Coming from customers and owner will download and Validate those files.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ravi,

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Do you want to allow the user to download files? If so, where are these files coming from?

Thanks Jauch,

Thanks for the information. it's really very helpful.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Ravi,

I will complement the questions Kilian did asking one very important thing. Is it a MOBILE or WEB application?
And what exactly is your requirement?

And, most important, did you the online training? ;)

In any case, if it is web, you execute a screen action and at the end of the screen action you replace the End node by a Download:

You have to give to it the binary (file content) and the file name.

If it is mobile, you can take a look here: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/27001/how-to-download-pdf-docx-xlsx-from-binary-in-db-to-mobile-app/

Cheers.

Hi Ravi,

It seems to me your question is more about "how do I create a whole application for uploading, managing and downloading documents" then a specific question about how to do things in OutSystems? We can help you with the latter, but the former is more about application design, and out of scope for this forum.

Hi,

I have a similar problem, I need to open documents (pdf) that are on the internal network. The path to the document is in a database.
1 - in the server action "preparation" I get a list with the path and document name "\\ xxxx \ yyy \ zz.pdf"
2 - in a "modal" i list the result obtained in 1
3 - each record has a button that when clicked performs action 4 (next)
4 - action that executes a get to the registry clicked followed by a download with the option "Save to disk" = Yes

Problem:
when trying to open the document, it appears with the path "xxxxyyyzz.pdf", ie all "\" are removed.
I tried to duplicate the "\\" as well as replace "\" with "/ \" but without any result.

Can anyone help?

Thank you
Carlos Messias

Hi Carlos,

You don't have a similar problem I think, but a totally unrelated one. Next time, please start a new topic!