Line Chart - multiple series

Line Chart - multiple series

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a line chart with 3-4 series plotted from a single entity but canot for the life of me see how to add addtional series to the chart -  I can only select one value. 

Can someone advise if its possible to plot multiple data series on a line chart and if so how/ where you add/ specifiy addtional series to the chart. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Adam,

Charts are fed by a List of DataPoint structures. One of its Attributes is the DataSeriesName. Each series of DataPoints that has the same DataSeriesName is treated as a single series, and displays seperately from other series (unless you apply stacking). So if you have multiple series, just make sure they have a different DataSeriesName.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for the info -   So it sounds like I should be defining a specific structure for the graph instead of referencing the aggregate from my preparation - is that right?

Any chance there are some example/reference apps i can download and look at that you know of?

Cheers

Hi Adam,

Charts are fed by a List of DataPoint structures. One of its Attributes is the DataSeriesName. Each series of DataPoints that has the same DataSeriesName is treated as a single series, and displays seperately from other series (unless you apply stacking). So if you have multiple series, just make sure they have a different DataSeriesName.

For reference - here is my aggregate -  I want to graph each of the highlighted as a series by date:

Hi Adam,

Charts have, as input, a List of DataPoints (or even a Record List I think, as they are pre-P10). How to use charts is described in the online documentation, and iirc is also treated as a subjet in the online training. Didn't you encounter it there?

As for converting the Aggregate into a DataPoints Record List, define a Local Variable of type DataPoint List or DataPoint Record List, and ListAppend the output of the Aggregate to the Local Variable for each column you want to add, using appropriate mapping (make sure, like I said above, to chose a different DataSeriesName for each series).