[Liverpool Template] Page reload issue on browser resizing

[Liverpool Template] Page reload issue on browser resizing

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 4 Oct by OutSystems R&D
17 votes
Published on 4 Oct by OutSystems R&D

I used Liverpool theme layout on several pages of my application but now I'm facing some weird behaviour related to the functionality of web page. Whenever I resize the page from the browser, maximize or minimize, it performs page load. How can I remove this behaviour?

Hi Gaurav,

If you want to disable that, in Service Center go to the module WebPatterns and set the Site Property DisableSimulationDeviceInDev to True:

Cheers,

José

Hello Gaurav,

Are you in a Developing environment?
Silk UI has an option in Developing environments, ON  by default, that will do this in order to simulate diferent devices.

You can disable this, in a machine. Take a look here: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/SILK_UI_Framework/05_Understanding_Responsive_and_Adaptive

Cheers.

EDIT: Jose was fast :)

Thank you, Jose and Eduardo, for responding to my post.

Jose, you were fast but after checking on the link provided by Eduardo I understand your solution and implemented it as well.

The layout on screen is

The issue still exists. Tha page reloads after resizing. Keep posting your valuable experiences.

Kind regards,

Gaurav

Solution

Sorry Garuv,

I didn't understood your question at first. Your problem is with the RELOADING, right? 

The only way to avoid this is to set your environment to PRODUCTION. In DEV, Silk UI will reload the page, even if the simulator is off.

In production this will not happen, and in a DEV environment this is not a problem, right? :)

Cheers.

Solution

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for sharing the information. Yes, in Dev it's not an issue but there should be some way to validate this behaviour before moving it to production.

Regards,

Gaurav

Gaurav Shukla wrote:

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for sharing the information. Yes, in Dev it's not an issue but there should be some way to validate this behaviour before moving it to production.

Regards,

Gaurav

Hi Gurav,

Silk UI is prepared to check if the application is running in a DEV or PROD environment (this is an environment configuration). In Production it will not simulate devices on page resizing. 

Cheers.