Getting Error while Reading Decimal and Integer from XMLTORecord when lenght = 0

Getting Error while Reading Decimal and Integer from XMLTORecord when lenght = 0

we are getting Un-marshal Error while Reading Decimal and Integer from XMLTORecord when lenght = 0

this was working Fast8 but it's not working in Fast10 while upgrading also tried outsystem cloud envronment with Fast 10 (it is working) but it is not working when we upgrdae from Fast8 to Fast10.

can you please let me know the reason?

Thanks,

Sid

Hi Siddaiah,

What are "Fast8" and "Fast10"? Are you referring to OutSystems Platform versions 8 and 10? If so, why are you calling them "Fast"?

That said, between version 8 and 10 there are major differences in how Lists are handled. I'd advise you to download and install the latest version of the XML Records Forge Component, one that's suitable for version 10.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Siddaiah,

What are "Fast8" and "Fast10"? Are you referring to OutSystems Platform versions 8 and 10? If so, why are you calling them "Fast"?

That said, between version 8 and 10 there are major differences in how Lists are handled. I'd advise you to download and install the latest version of the XML Records Forge Component, one that's suitable for version 10.

Hi Kilian,

Thank for your quick reply, am comparing out system 8 and 10. currently am using 10.0.303.0.

My XML:

<CommonOutput>
      <ModelScore/>
      <ModelVersion/>
      <ModelScoreCodes/>
      <EVSScore/>
      <EVSVersion/>
      <EVSScoreCodes/>
 </CommonOutput>

structure:

above xml and structure is working in outsystem 8 even when
ModelScore (Decimal) length =0 but not working in out system 10 while upgrading my code, if I change decimal to text it's working.

also I tried in personal outsystem cloud environment with 10 version (this works fine if decimal length =0)

I want understand why it's not working while upgrading Decimal, Integers if the length =0 from 8 to 10.

Siddu.

Hi Siddu,

For me to understand right, you upgraded your Platform from version 8 to 10, and you just republished everything including the XML Records you had on version 8? If so, did you upgrade the XML Records component like I advised?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Siddu,

For me to understand right, you upgraded your Platform from version 8 to 10, and you just republished everything including the XML Records you had on version 8? If so, did you upgrade the XML Records component like I advised?

Yes, Updated.

Ok, and it still gives the error? That's indeed unexpected. But in your Personal Environment it's working ok?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Ok, and it still gives the error? That's indeed unexpected. But in your Personal Environment it's working ok?

Yes. after changing decimal to text it is working then again converted back to decimal. but that way am not happy.

Please let me know the solution without changing decimal to text in structure if possible even when decimal length=0

Can you share a simple eSpace OML that exhibits this problem? That could make it easier to track down the problem.