Configure Site Properties During Deployment

Hi!

OutSystems now gives you early access to specific features so you can enjoy new development possibilities and plan your future development sooner, without having to upgrade to a major version. 

And we're starting off with a new LifeTime feature that adds a new step in the deployment plan that enables the configuration of the application Site Properties in the target environment. You'll never forget to set them after deployment, and better still, with all the site properties configured, you'll avoid any misbehavior during deployment. Download the new version here

Learn more about this feature.

We encourage you to try it out and give us your feedback. 

Enjoy it!

mvp_badge
MVP

That is really usefull. Will it be available somehow on Sevice Center, through Solution publishing?

João Melo wrote:

That is really usefull. Will it be available somehow on Sevice Center, through Solution publishing?

Hi João,

Thanks for your feedback. Although is not in our current plan to include it in Service Center, feel free to detail your concern, so I can better understand your point and help you.

Cheers!

mvp_badge
MVP

João Bento wrote:

João Melo wrote:

Hi João,

Thanks for your feedback. Although is not in our current plan to include it in Service Center, feel free to detail your concern, so I can better understand your point and help you.

Cheers!

Hi João. I have clients that promote their apps through a Solution Publish in Service Center, not LifeTime. So it would be really interesting to define the Site Properties values during publishing process, before having the applications deployed to the new environment.

João Melo wrote:

João Bento wrote:

João Melo wrote:

Hi João,

Cheers!

Hi João. I have clients that promote their apps through a Solution Publish in Service Center, not LifeTime. So it would be really interesting to define the Site Properties values during publishing process, before having the applications deployed to the new environment.

Thanks for the feedback. Currently, have this capability in Service Center is not in our plans.

Nice to know. Thanks João

Hi João,

Will this also become available to the hosted environment?

Vincent Koning wrote:

Hi João,

Hi Vicent, 

Assuming hosted means on-prem, yes it is available. 

To use this feature, make sure:

• The feature was activated in LifeTime.
  • The source and target environments for the deployment are running Platform Server 11 Release Apr.2019 CP1 or later.
  • The user executing the deployment has the "Change&Deploy" permission for all applications in the deployment plan

Thanks!

João Bento wrote:

Vincent Koning wrote:

Hi João,

Hi Vicent, 

Assuming hosted means on-prem, yes it is available. 

To use this feature, make sure:

• The feature was activated in LifeTime.
  • The source and target environments for the deployment are running Platform Server 11 Release Apr.2019 CP1 or later.
  • The user executing the deployment has the "Change&Deploy" permission for all applications in the deployment plan

Thanks!

Hosted for me is the PaaS solution that OutSystems is offering via the outsystemsenterprise.com domain.

mvp_badge
MVP

Nice feature, though only useful for small apps with a handful of site properties, so I sincerely hope this is optional and not always automatically triggered? (We have 1000s of site properties, no way we're going to configure them this way :).)

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Nice feature, though only useful for small apps with a handful of site properties, so I sincerely hope this is optional and not always automatically triggered? (We have 1000s of site properties, no way we're going to configure them this way :).)

Hi Kilian,

Great feedback!

It is just triggered when there are missing configurations. Additionally, if you leave it empty for that environment in the first deployment, we will assume that is the correct value, so we will not warn you again about that property.

I agree with you about the experience for 1000s. How could be useful for you to change the 1000s of site properties?

Thanks!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi João Bento,

I must say, this will be one of the most beneficial feature because during deployment it happens, we miss to change the site properties value.

i have one question, if we are working with multi tenant application, then will it provide the option to set the values tenant-wise?

Regards,

Manish Jawla 

Manish Jawla wrote:

Hi João Bento,

I must say, this will be one of the most beneficial feature because during deployment it happens, we miss to change the site properties value.

i have one question, if we are working with multi tenant application, then will it provide the option to set the values tenant-wise?

Regards,

Manish Jawla 

Hi Manish Jawla,

Thanks for your feedback!

Regarding the multi-tenant application, currently, you cannot set the value tenant-wise.

Regards,

Joao Bento

mvp_badge
MVP

Well, luckily the don't need changes all 1000+ :). We have created our own site-property management tools for that. One thing that could help though, is signalling Integration URLs. More than site-properties, if they are wrong they may cause problems (pointing to a testing service from production, for example).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, luckily the don't need changes all 1000+ :). We have created our own site-property management tools for that. One thing that could help though, is signalling Integration URLs. More than site-properties, if they are wrong they may cause problems (pointing to a testing service from production, for example).

I expect you need automation when you have a huge number of configurations.

Regarding integration URLs, thanks to pointing that out. We are collecting that kind of feedback so we can help you guys reducing the missing/wrong configuration problems.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi João,

Could this functionality also include integrations? would be nice to also set them here.

Regards,

Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi João,

Could this functionality also include integrations? would be nice to also set them here.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for the feedback! As I said to Kilian, we are collecting feedback. We will keep investing in this area, let's see if this is the best way to deliver that functionality also. Keep the feedback coming!

Cheers!

Hi, everyone!

A new application setting is available for configuration during deployment. - And you can get early access to it.

This new step in your deployment plan streamlines integration with your external databases at all stages of deployment, allowing you to easily set the names of the physical tables of each external database entity. Learn all about this new deployment experience here.

On the other hand, if your application connects to the same external database/schema for all your environments, you only need 1 click to copy the physical table name from the source environment and that’s it.

Here’s sneak-peek of this feature:

Also, if you had already activated the early access to Site Properties, there’s no further action from your side. Otherwise, learn here how to activate it.

Curious to try it out? Download the latest version of LifeTime Management Console Release Jul.2019 and Platform Server Release Jul.2019 CP1 here and give us your feedback!

Just quick one note regarding already existing extensions integrating with external databases: republish the extension in Integration Studio while connected to an environment running the Platform Server version mentioned before or later.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Ângela

mvp_badge
MVP

How long does this feature remain in early access program? Quit some time in it already.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

How long does this feature remain in early access program? Quit some time in it already.

We expect to move this feature to General Availability in mid-2020. We are actively working to gather feedback and understanding what needs to be tweaking. 

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi All,

Does it allow setting up the value for all the tenants if the Site Property is multitenant ?

Regards,

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi All,

Does it allow setting up the value for all the tenants if the Site Property is multitenant ?

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Regarding the multi-tenant application, currently, you cannot set the value tenant-wise.

Regards,
Joao Bento

mvp_badge
MVP

João Bento wrote:

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Regards,
Joao Bento

Thanks for the response João Bento.

It is a very useful feature. Thanks for sharing it.

Nice to know!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.