Outsystems 11 - Service Center Password change

Hi,

I am trying to change the Service center password by using the below query and it is getting updated immediately. but again the same password is not working after 1 day and it is taking old password alone.

Platform: Outsystems 11

Query: 

UPDATE ossys_user
SET password = '*******'
WHERE username = 'admin'
and tenant_id in (SELECT id FROM ossys_tenant WHERE name = 'ServiceCenter');

Could anyone let me know if there is any different process to change the password correctly?

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

The Service Center password should be set and changed in LifeTime.

Hi Kilian,

How you will change the service center password through lifetime for each environment(dev, test, acc & Prd).

We have one lifetime environment for DTAP.

Could you please provide more details on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

Solution

Hi Kiran,

When you change the password, it will automatically be valid for all environments managed with LifeTime. See documentation starting here (use the left-side menu for further help).

Solution

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for the information. But if i want put seperate password for each environment(dev, tst etc) then how i can do that?

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran

You cannot, unless you disconnect LifeTime (but then you wouldn't be able to deploy with it). However, the question is: why on earth would you want that? In LifeTime you can, per user and user group, decide who has access to what environment, and what kind of access that is. Why would you want users to remember multiple passwords for multiple environments?

Yes you are true, Just want to put different passwords for more security.

I have changed the password through lifetime and it is working. I will continue to monitor for next two days and let you know for any queries.

Thanks for your quick reply..:)

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran