[Pushwoosh Plugin] Need help in implementing Badge functionality in Native Mobile Application

Forge Component
(11)
Published on 18 Oct by OutSystems R&D
11 votes
Published on 18 Oct by OutSystems R&D

Hi Team,

Need Help, I'm facing the same issue mentioned in the below post

Referred from: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21580/pushwoosh-device-registeration-error/#Post88230

Followed all the steps mentioned in the FAQ and also incorporated the mentioned solution (above mentioned forum link), still I'm getting the below error while using the  RegisterDevice Action in Login Action flow.

Error Code: "3"

Error Message: "Failed to register device (status: "Stopped by in-app")"

Additional Information:

OS Platform: Version - 11

Latest Pushwoosh Plugin from Forge

Would appreciate any guidance/direction i could look into on this issue, or if I did indeed missed any helpful thread, would appreciate the link.

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

I never faced this error before, searching in google nothing relevant shows-up.

Are you getting this error on IOS or Android? 

Are you getting this error during any specific badge functionality is involved? or this error shows up while registering the app when using the normal Sample?

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply. I'm getting the mentioned error in android device (not yet tested in iOS).

Observation:

In each application Login attempt what I observed is - On calling the RegisterDevice Action in Login Action flow sometimes it's getting success output parameter as True but most of the time it's throwing

Error Code: "3"

Error Message: "Failed to register device (status: "Stopped by in-app")"

Objective: What I'm trying to achieve is

Point to be considered:

- I regenerated the .apk file after introducing the PushWoosh Plugin within the application

- I'm testing it on native device OS - Android 9 

- In every success RegisterDevice call - on calling the SendPushNotificationToAll action, I'm getting the PushNotification msg in the native device.

- as mentioned above - those login instance when I get the RegisterDevice output parameter as Success = True:

on calling the action to set the badge count i.e. SetBadgeNumber Action with badge value as 10, it is not getting reflected over the application icon in native device (found none JS error or logged error in service center).

Would appreciate any guidance/direction i could look into on this issue, or if I did indeed missed any helpful thread, would appreciate the link.

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Solution

Hi Benjith,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I was able to understand the issue that was causing the Error Message: "Failed to register device (status: "Stopped by in-app")", this was cause by the execution of the PushwooshDeviceRegistration, in the Login action.

This issue occurred in the sample forge component since when used together with the latest version (4.4.0) of the Pushwoosh Plugin.

Registration works successfully if is done on PushNotificationWrapper (webblock -> PushwooshNotificationsOnInitializeOver action), I uploaded a new version (Version 1.0.1) of the sample in the forge

Regarding the badge functionality were you able to implement it?

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Solution

I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to. Also, operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, I'm always looking for people to check out my web site.

run 3

Daniel Martins wrote:

Hi Benjith,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I was able to understand the issue that was causing the Error Message: "Failed to register device (status: "Stopped by in-app")", this was cause by the execution of the PushwooshDeviceRegistration, in the Login action.

This issue occurred in the sample forge component since when used together with the latest version (4.4.0) of the Pushwoosh Plugin.

Registration works successfully if is done on PushNotificationWrapper (webblock -> PushwooshNotificationsOnInitializeOver action), I uploaded a new version (Version 1.0.1) of the sample in the forge

Regarding the badge functionality were you able to implement it?

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Thank you Daniel for the reply!

In my case, it was something related to the plugin configuration (not able to recall the exact cause!) but finally I succeeded in implementing the required functionality.

Thanks & Regards,

Benjith Sam