Views
Comments
[Dublin Template] The value in special list is not same in HTML code
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Published on 09 Mar 2020

I use the Dublin template in my traditional apps.

When I define the value of special list to be “All” in OutSystems, the HTML code is shown ‘value=_ossli_All’ in browser. It is so strange. What should I do to correct it? Please advise.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jessica,

I also observed the same while inspecting the Dropdown widget in the Browser but I think it won't cause any issue i.e. if you want to get the user's selected Dropdown SpecialList value, you can always refer the Dropdown widget's SpecialListValue runtime property in the server side as mentioned below

ComboBox.SpecialListValue

see this sample app

Sorry I don't know the reason behind the Dropdown SpecialListValue to be rendered like __ossli_Male option value in the browser..

Please let us know if you are looking for anything specific other than which I mentioned..

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi jessica,

I believe the .Net code behind the dropdown widget with special fields creates new rows by binding them as new in the existing list. And this is the solution that is the best suited for an environment like Outsystems.

Please refer the link below to more about the C# code behind a dropdown list.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.web.ui.webcontrols.dropdownlist?view=netframework-4.8

Regards

HI Jessica,

As @vaibhav shukla Said he is right, 

default value is "__ossli_" after that you provide special list value it bind with this.

That also means that if you're binding 0 value to special list 0 position. the value of DD selected item would be "__ossli_0". This can similarly be used in your client side logic.

Regards

Rahul