Views
Comments
Solved
My DataBase is changing all data instead of only one
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hey! So, I am working on a app to track my tasks and it says the Custos (cost), when i started, when I finished it, the time that I used and a bunch of other information.

But, when I create a new task and update it , it changes both dates and Custos of my 2 tasks when I only want to change the one that I updated.

You can see that "Duração da tarefa"(DataFim) should be 2 but it is 4, for example
Hope you can help me, if you want, my OML file is on the comments

Custos6.png

Solution

you need  to filter again by the id in the pics and modify your assigns and SQL

My OML

ScrumBoard.oml

asked and answered

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67239/my-database-is-changing-all-data-instead-of-only-one/#

Hi Goncalo,

in the db you are saving correct and also in the ui, did you fixed already?

Hey! My problem is that when I update a task attribute (Custos or DataFim) it updates ALL the attributes of ALL tasks instead of only the task that I updated. If you change the task state ("A fazer.." to "Feito"), it changes EVERY attribute

you should have a filter here, to filter by the id of the record you want to update.

what is happening here is, 

you have a loop that is passing per all records in this table, and in the pic you want to pass or in the record 9 or in the record 8 but you dont have a filter so will pass in all and make the update

when  you enter in the flow of OnChangeOrderTask you are passing here as many times as records you have in the list, in the example above you will pass here for record 8 and record 9, updating the values in both

Solution:

Filter by id, modify your app to pass the id when you are moving the tasks and use the id as in the pic, and as you will not need the loop you can also remove it

and inside the flow of OnChangeOrderTask you shoud deal with the filter or pass as the input parameter the record you filter in the flow before that(in this case you must update the records before pass it).

if you are want to update the orders in all records, you should make a query that update just that cuz in this flow you are updating data for all records

PS: in the photo above is just your action no mods

Hope I could help you,
Cheers
Carlos Lessa

Hey Carlos, I am sorry but I didn´t understand the second part

This one "and inside the flow of OnChangeOrderTask you shoud deal with the filter or pass as the input parameter the record you filter in the flow before that(in this case you must update the records before pass it).

if you are want to update the orders in all records, you should make a query that update just that cuz in this flow you are updating data for all records"

Can you explain it in other words or post some prints, maybe?