[CheckGPS Plugin] CheckGPS Plugin conflicting with Android AllowBackup Android Plugin
Forge component by Rodrigo Coutinho
Application Type
Mobile

Hi Developer,

I have observed that this plugin is conflicting with the allowBackup Android Plugin (allowBackup Android Plugin - Overview | OutSystems ) as a result of which we are unable to generate Android applications in MABS 7.0. 

I am not sure why, but for some reason, CheckGPS Plugin is trying to modify the same parameter in AndroidMenifest.xml file which allowBackup Android Plugin is designed to do, i.e., 

<application ...     android:allowBackup="true"> </app>

While generating the build of an application using MABS 7.0 consisting of both these plugins, I am getting the below error:

[2021-04-14T12:02:41.749Z] [ERROR] [Build]     at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:79:11)

[2021-04-14T12:02:41.749Z] [ERROR] [Build] There was a conflict trying to modify attributes with <edit-config> in plugin cordova-plugin-allow-backup. The conflicting plugin, undefined, already modified the same attributes. The conflict must be resolved before cordova-plugin-allow-backup can be added. You may use --force to add the plugin and overwrite the conflicting attributes.

[2021-04-14T12:02:41.749Z] [ERROR] [Build] Build failed with the following error: Error installing Cordova plugin: cordova-plugin-allow-backup.

So, I request you to kindly modify the CheckGPS Plugin to fix this issue as I have also observed that this plugin have not been updated for a very long time.

With best regards,

Shounak

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.