How can build chat message in reactive
Question
Application Type
Mobile, Reactive

Hi ,

I used Chat message widget for Chatting purpose . There I used Chat entity and attribute i.e. Id ,Name ,Message . In name attribute I saved current login username . when I message only I can see this message other user not show so what can I do for both side view the chat and when other side user viewed this message I want to set limit message history after that It can deleted automatically... 

Solution

Welcome Purva

If the Chat Application working fine as expected. Please mark the post as Solution. So, the Community Members can use the Application Sample. I have attached the Updated OAP with a few restriction.

Many Thanks

ChatApplication.oap

Dear Purva

Please try using this component will give you a working Chatbox - https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8196/in-app-chat-reactive

Here is the complete documentation if you want to build by own - https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Traditional_Web_Patterns/Content/Chat_Message

You might need a firebase event for Notifications and Messages, Please use the following component,

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1406/firebase/?Unfollow=False

Before using that do an Analysis of how to use firebase.

Thanks 

Hi Manish ,

I want to build by own and I also refer https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Traditional_Web_Patterns/Content/Chat_Message Link but Here only chat display one side user and another users chatting not displayed over here. If you build this kind of chat system so please can you share me  

I have not ready app but I can do one for you. Please give me sometime and by tomorrow I will try to build and share with you. 

Have a nice weekend. 

I am also doing same thing .
Thank You

Happy Weekend!!

You are building it in Reactive so look into this one too - https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Mobile_and_Reactive_Patterns/Content/Chat_Message

Also to make this multiple user chat - With each message ID you will need to associate the User ID as well. According to user ID show the users name and image. 

You can create one more page to ask username, image and information you want to show for the users. 

Yes I am getting confused how to display both user side chat  .In my scenario I have displayed only my chat 

Go into the Users Management of Outsyetems and create one more user. 

Then login into the same application with different user. You will see the previous chats there (If saved in DB with ChatID)

Then try typing from there and you will see those messages too.

Now, you have to add user tag with the messages to specify who sent what! 

Hii @Purva Kumbhar 

Have you done this or still need help with the OML? 

Hi ,

I tried but still message not properly displayed . If you did this so Can you please share 

Okay Purva, can you share the OML you have right now? I will check and make the necessary amendments for you. 

Hi ,

Please find the attachment of OML and  PrecriptionDetail screen in this screen I have to use chat system .

Thanks 

HospitalManagement.oml

Thanks Purva. I will look into this. 

I really apologies for the late response but I am occupied with a crucial project these days that takes lot of my time. So, not getting much time but by today (might be late night) I will do the chat app for you and share it with you.

I hope that will be not too delay for you. 

Many Thanks 

Hi Manish ,

Its ok take your time . I am also trying to solve this problem 

Thank You

Hello Purva

I have created the Sample Chat Application for you. I have not done this in Your OML because it was showing Dependencies Errors. You can check the Sample I have sent to you in Personal Message

I have allowed the Guest User to see the Application and that's why I have sent this to you in Personal Message because it allow Guest User to enter in my DB. Please Keep it Safe. 

When the LoggedIn User Send any message it will show like how MG and NG is showing. 

Let me know if that works. I will share the OML with you.

Hi , Thank you I will try in my application and let you know is it working or anything .

It will defiantly work even with any application. It don't have any dependency. 

Either you can use the same Chat Screen with Webblock in your application or follow the steps to create chat window as I have created.  

Please find the attached OML and feel free to ask in case of any questions. 

Many Thanks

ChatApplicationv35.oml

Sure Thank you
Solution

Welcome Purva

If the Chat Application working fine as expected. Please mark the post as Solution. So, the Community Members can use the Application Sample. I have attached the Updated OAP with a few restriction.

Many Thanks

ChatApplication.oap

Hi Manish ,

Its working fine.

Thank you so much :-)

Thanks for acknowledgement. You're Welcome :)

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.