Easily Integrate External Databases with Integration Builder

Hello, fellow community members! 

We’re excited to announce a new release of Integration Builder. In this new version, we’ve added a few more providers. This time, we are bringing supported External Database integration. With this version, you can take advantage of Integration Builder's great user experience and integrate with any of the following databases:  SQL Server, Azure SQL, Oracle, MySQL, and iDB2.

Integration Studio is still available. However, we highly suggest creating new external database integrations with Integration Builder taking advantage of an improved user experience. In Integration Builder, you will get a much better experience, similar to other providers already available.

What you should know before you start

The external databases in Integration Builder will be released as Technical Preview. The capability is available on any environment that has Platform Server version 11.14.0 or later. There is no need to enable the feature in LifeTime.

You can learn all about this Integration Builder external database integration here.

We encourage you to try it out and give us your feedback! Please convey feedback through Integration Builder (top-right corner) or simply by using this forum post thread. 

Cheers,
Integration Builder team

mvp_badge
MVP

Excited to use this new feature. Thanks for the Update.

woooooow, really good news!!! Can't wait to test it!   ^_^

It would be great to be able to use IB also to create generic rest and soap integrations agains external systems with IB (and this way take advantage of this features, like secure store credentials, automate the creation of modules, etc.). May be in the future?

Thanks to IB team!! :D

Excellent !! I hope next integration is with JIRA

Regards

Great news! Expanding Integration Builder... So can we consider that Integration Studio will be deprecated?

Regards.

mvp_badge
MVP

As written in the post:

Integration Studio is still available. However, we highly suggest creating new external database integrations with Integration Builder taking advantage of an improved user experience. In Integration Builder, you will get a much better experience, similar to other providers already available.

I guess that as long as there is no other way to create OutSystems C# extensions, Integration Studio will not be deprecated.

I guess (and hope) that in a near future that will happen...

Pedro, Integration Studio will not be deprecated for now.

As Dani¨ël said, extending your OutSystems applications with C# code is only possible in Integration Studio. 

Thank you all for your feedback!

@Daniël Kuhlmann, This new feature on Integration Builder requires Platform Server 11.14.0 version and not 11.14.9. 

11.14.0 was released yesterday. 

mvp_badge
MVP

11.14.9 was a typo, and I removed my reply, because shortly after I noticed 11.14.0 was released

mvp_badge
MVP

Yeah! Good news!!!

Thanks!, that's informative.

Thanks, cool feature.

Hello community!

In case you missed our latest Product Update, external databases integrations are now Generally Available.

After a few months in Technical Preview mode, now you can create your production-ready external databases integrations in Integration Builder. SQL Server, Azure SQL, Oracle, MySQL, iDB2, and PostgreSQL integrations are now fully supported by OutSystems.

As usual, your feedback is very welcome, use this thread or the feedback feature available in Integration Builder!

Cheers,
Ricardo Lopes

Awesome!!!!! Will definately explore and use this feature :) Thankyou Team !!

Its a good Add-on Very much Exited to use it!!

Its very cool! excited to try!

Great Will try it

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.