SaaS/Web apps - who is using the Agile Platform to build SaaS/web apps?

SaaS/Web apps - who is using the Agile Platform to build SaaS/web apps?

Hello

I'm interested to know about SaaS/web apps - who is using the Agile Platform to build SaaS/web apps?

1) What did you build? or what are you currently building?
2) What problems did you face? (If any) 
3) How large is your application? SU, user base etc

Hi Robert,

1) my first installation of the Community Edition current hosts two applications:
  • 1.1 - a pet project for social network analysis;
  • 1.2 - a really small online store.

2.1) the first application was originally implemented in Ruby on Rails (and hosted on Heroku) so it was more of a migration to the Agile Platform.
Annoyances: I had to build a connector for OrientDB since there wasn't one yet [1] and also had to get my hands dirty with the JSON components (that's what the OrientDB REST API returns) to get things how I wanted [2].
Overcoming these obstacles... the migration went along smoothly. So much, that I've come to realize that the Agile Platform is an even better implementation of "convention over configuration" than Rails [3].

2.2) in the second application the only "problem" was figuring our how to configure IIS to serve it under a different domain. Now the real challenge lies in designing the user experience but I count on doing some osmosis learning with Steve Krug. :)

3) the projects are still underway and each one is under 10K SUs.

[1] To be release on the Forge when ready.
[2] Robert, I'm changing your JSON component but we should talk with Renato Pauleta to see if we can merge it with his JSON.NET component (they both wrap the same library).
[3] great subject for another discussion ;)

Cheers,
Davide
1. We're building a system to manage CrossFit gyms from top to bottom.

2. We need increasingly deep access to HTML, working with jQuery is clumsy at times, performance issues can be tough to track down sometimes, server management issues (load balancing, SQL clustering, etc.).

3. Roughly 400,000 SU... 20,000 users across 150 tenants.

J.Ja

EDIT: It's *400,000* SUs, not 200,000! Late night math was wrong. :D
My private SAAS project is with community edition a Electronic Health Record system, including calendar, invoicing and several reminders to clients

SU's: 30K(+), running on the limits of the community edition :-)
Using: HTMLConvertPDF extension, lots of jQuery for the drag/drop calendar
3 tenants (not using multi tenant !!)

Problems I faced ... that there is no small license of let's say 60k available for a reasonable price. Am now looking in connecting a second server to this one for having a mobile solution.
It was a project built in FileMaker and remodeled in OutSystems.

Justin James wrote:

2. We need increasingly deep access to HTML, working with jQuery is clumsy at times, performance issues can be tough to track down sometimes, server management issues (load balancing, SQL clustering, etc.).

3. Roughly 200,000 SU... 20,000 users across 150 tenants.

J.Ja
 Wow that sounds amazing !
Love to see some screenshots or movieshots

Hi there!

LxIS has a CRM to automotive industry - It's running since Jan/2010 on amazon cloud.

Where're using 55K SU, we have around 200 users and 12 tenants. (Not using bulti-in multitenant)

Biggest Problem: The changes made to licensing policy. When we design the SaaS, the business plan was made according to 2010 pricing. I know we can keep the same license, but in a near future we'll need more SUs and honestly i don't know what we're going to do.
Joop Stringer wrote:
Justin James wrote:

3. Roughly 200,000 SU... 20,000 users across 150 tenants.

J.Ja
 Wow that sounds amazing !
Love to see some screenshots or movieshots

www.wodify.com

We have a pile of stuff there about it. :)

J.Ja

Justin James wrote:
www.wodify.com
We have a pile of stuff there about it. :)
J.Ja

Looks pretty slick J.Ja :-)
Justin James wrote:

3. Roughly 400,000 SU... 20,000 users across 150 tenants.

J.Ja

EDIT: It's *400,000* SUs, not 200,000! Late night math was wrong. :D

I'm excited to be part of the team! :)