Outsystems Career Opportunities

Outsystems Career Opportunities

I have been using Outsytems for past 5 months now and I am very much interested in using this tool as Agile IDE for my future developments. But I am scared a little bit as I do not know how many career oppotunities does this tool can provide once I move out of my current project/client ?
Hello Ravi,

You can have some idea about the job opportunities in here http://www.outsystemsjobs.com/
Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Ravi -

I can say that I was able to build a successful consulting business around the OutSystem ecosystem (until one of my clients asked me to come on board full time!). I had received a number job inquiries over LinkedIn over the last few years, most of which were for a higher salary than I was ever offered as a .NET developer. While the overall number of job opportunities is (obviously) going to be fewer than for .NET or Java, it has been my experience that if you elevate yourself to a good level of experience, you can have a very good career with some excellent companies in the OutSystems ecosystem. I deliberately made a decision to leave .NET for OutSystems and I am glad that I did. It took some time, but no more time than if I had decided to transition to becoming a Ruby or a Python developer and I wanted great, good paying jobs and not just whatever junk paid me a little bit.

J.Ja
I think it will also depend on the adoption of Outsystems in your country. Outsystems is only just starting to majorly expand to the UK so there's not much work here (that I've seen) at the moment.

However I'm sure that will start to change! It'll be an interesting next few years. Do your research - but personally I'm really enjoying the platform and I'm excited to see what adoption is made in the UK!

Richard
Richard Pearson wrote:
I think it will also depend on the adoption of Outsystems in your country. Outsystems is only just starting to majorly expand to the UK so there's not much work here (that I've seen) at the moment.

However I'm sure that will start to change! It'll be an interesting next few years. Do your research - but personally I'm really enjoying the platform and I'm excited to see what adoption is made in the UK!

Richard

Hi Richard,

According to your experience in the UK, what do you think about the near future adoption of the Agile Platform?
Do you have any information and details about the companies that are using Outsystems presently and the major areas and clients on the few customers of the UK?

Cheers,
Gonçalo M.

Hi Gonçalo,

The company I work for uses it. I must admit I have no idea about which UK companies currently use it - it would be interesting to find that out actually.

My presumption has been from Outsystems recent setting up of a London office that Outsystems are trying to get, or have more UK users? Not sure if that's the case!

I have no actual information to base my above comments on - purely speculation on my part.

Personally I'd like to see it more widely used - obviously there's selfish reasons (an increased job market for example) - but also because I really like the platform and enjoy developing in it!

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard,

Thanks a lot for your answer and comment about the real state of the Agile Platform in the UK.
Also, nice to know that you're enjoying the Platform development..
Hope to see it explode in the UK market in a very near future..
Spread the word on your clients and your media (website, newsletters, forums,etc..)

Cheers,
Gonçalo M.
Dear Members,

It is nice to see your wonderful replies and to learn that there are growing number of career opportunities in Outsystems worldwide. In India I feel there are very less people who knew about it but I feel this is one of the best tool I have used in my 12 years of experience in the industry.

Thanks
Ravi
Hello Ravi,

Nice to know that you're enjoying the Outsystems Agile Platform, just as we do...and that in a country so far away and with such a technologic relation, we already have people working with it.
You can also look at this as your oportunity to start a business with it and show all the advantages.
Give us some news and
spread the word..

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M
Guys,

Can anyone please post any job openings in INDIA..

Thanks,
Sattibabu Vatti.
Sattibanu,

In an ideal world, to look for OutSystems jobs you only needed to go here. Not many companies post there (not one from India!) so you have to look in the usual sites like this.
Hi Nuno,

Thanks for your reply.. I tried to open http://www.outsystemsjobs.com/ URL.

But it is showing the following information with blank page.

"Forbidden - Users from your country are not permitted to browse this site."

I am not able to do job search .

Pelase advise,

Thanks,
Sattibabu Vatti.
Hi Nuno and everybody. I have the same problem as Sattibabu. I am in Colombia and right now I receive same message.
Ravi Vakkalanka wrote:
I have been using Outsytems for past 5 months now and I am very much interested in using this tool as Agile IDE for my future developments. But I am scared a little bit as I do not know how many career oppotunities does this tool can provide once I move out of my current project/client ?
 Hloo Ravi,

It is very glad to see an Indian in outsystems community. May I know where are you from and in which company you are working?

Regards,
Venkatesh Gude

Hello Everyone,

Just saw this post and wanted to share some updates from my side. I am using OutSystems from last 2 years, we started with paltform 7.0 and now upgraded on 9.0. Currently i have a team of 25+ members and i am hiring more, we really liked the platform and developing mid and large web application using it.

There are few companies started adopting the platform and i think within next few years lots of people will be aware of the platform.

Cheers
Shashank Diwan
Netlink Bhopal, India
Hi Nuno,

Thanks a lot for sharing job information. In Pune, Maharashtra, India, 10 companies have started using the platform. But  there might be few more. Just need to do some research.

Regards,
Suraj Borade