size and position of popup_infoballoon to the screen

size and position of popup_infoballoon to the screen

I have a popup info balloon developed in 5.1 which is displayed properly to the screen,  when we upgraded from 5.1 to 7.0 this popup is not displayed correctly. It is moved to the left of the screen and hides lots of info.
Look at the screen shots to see.
Is there a way to correct this? with autoresize or with css?
Hi Elena,

Although this could be considered a bug, it seems a bit like a misuse of the info balloon pattern: you want to place a lot of information inside the balloon which was designed to handle small snippets of information. Even the screenshot you have from 5.1 shows that the balloon is overstretched and gets broken (you get the anchor that resembles the " > " sign on top of the content).

Would it make sense to replace this info balloon with a popup editor widget? It seems to me like a more appropriate choice for this kind of pattern.

Cheers,
Miguel
Hi Elena,

You can override the css classes to correct this issue.
However, for this kind of pattern I'll have to agree with Miguel and say that you should think about using a popup instead of an info ballon.

Regards,
Gonçalo M.
Hi Miguel and Goncalo,

The info ballon is wokrking on 5.1 regardless of screen resolution. I think that is a bug on 7.0 and the Outsystems should fix it.

We use info ballons very offen on our applications and we have to spend many man hours to replace it with Pop Editor.

Best regards,
Matheos P.
Matheos Polydorou wrote:
Hi Miguel and Goncalo,

The info ballon is wokrking on 5.1 regardless of screen resolution. I think that is a bug on 7.0 and the Outsystems should fix it.

We use info ballons very offen on our applications and we have to spend many man hours to replace it with Pop Editor.

Best regards,
Matheos P.
Hello Matheos P.,

We just said that, with that info ballon size, in terms of usability patterns, popups are much better to use and to consult the information. But you can always override the css classes to fix it according to your needs.
About the costs of replacing it, I think that is almost Zero.
You can almost do a find and replace between the two widgets...just try it to see ;) .

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.