Automated 1-click-Publish - how-to?

Automated 1-click-Publish - how-to?

Hi there,

I am trying to put together some application in my local OutSystems server, with the goal to share with other guys (who may want to put it to work locally too).

So, the issue is, how could I produce a .bat file, so it would be just necessary to change a fied (e.g., the server path) and run it, to publish the OS eSpaces? (instead of the need to open the Service Studio to publish)

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ricardo
Hi Ricardo,

I encourage you to investigate the web service APIs exposed by the Service Center application. You should be able to make a web service call in order to accomplish your task.

However, you may also want to consider how you would make that call. A batch file doing a call such as
iexplore.exe <url of webservice> will probably leave the browser window open. You may instead want to write a .vbs file or a console application to do it (assuming you are doing this from a Windows OS)

Warm regards,

Isaac
Hi Isaac,

I was afraid to receive some reply like yours! :)

I did think about that approach, but then I thought that someone might have experienced this issue before.

Nevertheless, thank you very much for the reply. Maybe I should start exploring that approach.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ricardo
Ricardo,

Can this be something that is run on a regular basis? If so, then perhaps using a timer? (Remember, a timer can also be fired manually ;-) )

Isaac
Hi Isaac,

Yes, a timer is a good idea. It may work fine.

But, nevertheless, is there any pre-built code that allows the e-spaces deployment?

Cheers,

Ricardo
Only the services published within service center that I know of.

As an exercise, try this: Open the following URL: <Root domain>/ServiceCenter/Solutions.asmx. The soap header for publishing should be viewable. Now, if you are able, install fiddler on the server on which you have the platform installed, and run a trace while doing a publish on one of your espaces within service studio. This should give you some insight on the data required to perform an automated publish for your espace, and it's something you may be able to replicate.

Again, this is something I have not tried, but it should work in concept. Please let me know if you have success.

Warm Regards,

Isaac
HI Ricardo,

As the webservice /ServiceCenter/Solutions.asmx are standard ASMX web services they should be easy to consume in Visual Studio for example.

You could then create a Command Line application to publish your webservices.

Another alternate would be to use Powershell to call the ASMX web services. A quick google brings up this: http://fatbeards.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/calling-web-service-with-powershell.html

Powershell may be your best bet if you want to mimic a BAT file for a specific reason!

Cheers,
Richard

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, I think that way I will be able to do it.

Unfortunately, I had to change my focus, so I'm not able to test it yet.

As soon as I have some time to get back to this and try it, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ricardo