how to import newly addedcolumn in database table into outsystems

how to import newly addedcolumn in database table into outsystems

Hi All,

I have added a new column in underline table of sqlservr database.But the newly added column is not visible in outsystems under data tab.I tried to refresh the entities but still not able to see the newly added column of that table.Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Prashanth
Hi Prashanth,

Are you trying to connect to another SQL Server Database or are you modifying the Table generated by the Agile Platform.

If you are making changes to the tables generated by the Platform, then you shouldn't modify them.
Instead you shoud create an attribute for that Entity in Service Studio, It will create the necessary column for you.

Making changes directly to the SQL tables is not recommended.
The Agile Platform handles all the SQL Server related processes and you should not interefere with the Database.

Regards,
Charles J. Colaco.

Charles Colaço wrote:
Hi Prashanth,

Are you trying to connect to another SQL Server Database or are you modifying the Table generated by the Agile Platform.

If you are making changes to the tables generated by the Platform, then you shouldn't modify them.
Instead you shoud create an attribute for that Entity in Service Studio, It will create the necessart column for you.

The Agile Platform handles all the SQL Server related processes and you should not interefere with the Database.

Regards,
Charles J. Colaco.

Hi,

I am not changing entities in outsystems.DBA added a new column in one of the tables in SQLServer database.
We already imported our database extension in outsystesm with all the tables.But problem here is the newly added column is not appearing in the outstems database extension.

Thanks,
Prashanth

prashanth cherla wrote:
Charles Colaço wrote:
Hi Prashanth,

Instead you shoud create an attribute for that Entity in Service Studio, It will create the necessart column for you.

Regards,
Charles J. Colaco.

Hi,

I am not changing entities in outsystems.DBA added a new column in one of the tables in SQLServer database.
We already imported our database extension in outsystesm with all the tables.But problem here is the newly added column is not appearing in the outstems database extension.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me on this.

Thanks,
Prashanth

Hi Prashanth,

If you used Intergration Studio to import the entities you need to open the extension again in Integration Studio and click "Refresh" on the entity that needs to be updated. Then, after publishing the extension you in Service Studio refresh the references for that extension.

Regards,
João Rosado