Popup_InfoBalloon and tablets

When a tablet browser (tried both safari and chrome) renders the RichWidgets Popup_InfoBalloon it will display the popup on click instead of on hover like it would on a desktop browser. I would expect that the Popup_InfoBalloon would close when I click somewhere outside of the popup on a tablet. Instead nothing happens. I've got this problem where I can't close these popups on a tablet browser.

Has anyone ever run into this? Does anyone have a good work around for this issue? I haven't been able to come up with anything. 
Hello Philip,

I don't really think an info popup balloon is a good idea for a tablet. If you do, I think the best way is to make a button in the info popup to close the popup. When the media is an tablet, you can show that button. Another option is to add a div in the info popup with an OnClick event (closing the popup). On this way the popup will be closed when you click on the popup. But having a button that says: 'close' would be more user friendly (that my opion at least).

Kind regards,
Evert

Thanks for the response Evert. I'll give these a try and see how it looks.

Unfortunately a popup on hover is the best way I can think of to display certain information in the desktop version of the application. I might have to redesign things with a tablet in mind.

Hello Philip,

Doing it simple would mean you have to show the information in another screen (navigate) instead of popup. On this way it always works correctly. What you can also try is to show the popupinfo balloon icon when it's a desktop and detail link (reffering to another screen) when it's a tablet. But that would cost more work, so just a showscreen would be best way.

Kind regards,
Evert