[oAuth Connectors] How to use in Development Environment.

[oAuth Connectors] How to use in Development Environment.

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 2014-04-01 by André Vieira
9 votes
Published on 2014-04-01 by André Vieira
Hi guys! Well... i'm testing this component and using the attached PDF as a guide line. However i'm on a development environment and when i try to create the OAUTH 2.0 client ID i don't really know what to do. I define the authorized redirect URLs but it always gives me
OAuth 2 redirect URL "https://server-name/GoogleAuthentication/oauth2callback.aspx" is invalid.

I think the problem is that development environment is not reachable from outside... How can i solve this? Anyone had this problem before? Thanks.
Problem solved... the domain was not complete. My mistake... Sorry,
Hi Diogo,

I just release a new version of the component adding more connectors to other oAuth services like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.

Cheers
Hi André, i've already seen it! Thanks for the info! ;)
Hi people... i've another question for you. How can i validate if a current token is valid, for refresh or if a token has been revoked?
Hi André, great component! Do you have any documention for using it with Xero? 
Hi Jazzyman,

Unfortunately documentation is a pain :)
The process is basically the same for every oAuth integration. You'll need to register for an application key. Then you'll need to use Xero documentation and testing tool to get your information out of Xero. I just did the authentication part....
Diogo Pacheco wrote:
Hi people... i've another question for you. How can i validate if a current token is valid, for refresh or if a token has been revoked?
 Hi Diogo,

You'll need to store the expiration of the token. Google supports this, don't remember about the others. If token has expired you'll need to get a new one using the RefreshToken.