Highchart Animation

Hi,
I have two questions about the graphics, the first is how can a insert animation in the highchart graphics? 
The other one is, when i click in the series legend the data disappear from the graphic, how can i achieve that?

Here is a example from highchart: http://www.highcharts.com/demo/line-labels

I tried to insert in the advancedFormat Chart{animation: true} or this in the chartFormat_init ChartFormat_Init(ShowDataPointValues:False,UseAnimation:True) and it did not work
Hi Luis,

In order to enable animations you can use the ChartFormat_Init, like you mentioned.
Find attached an oml file exemplifying its usage.

Regarding the series legend, you can override the plotOptions.series.events.legendItemClick option in order to accomplish it.
If you're new to using AdvancedFormat, my post about the charts' widgets is a good source of information.

Best regards,
Diogo Serra

The UseAnimation does not work for Pie Charts? Seems nothing is happening.
Hi JC,

Can you provide us your eSpace so we can check what's going on?

Thanks!
Hi Ricardo,

Sorry for the late response. I basically just copied some of the configuration that was done on a sample ITDashboard and HRPulse applications, so I got this:

It just seems that the UseAnimation:True does not work on Pie and Bar charts. I used the same setting and it animated my Line chart.

Thanks!
Hi JC,

I see in the screenshot that you are using some AdvancedFormats in your chart.
These can override many chart settings including animations.

Have you experimented UseAnimation: True in another pie chart without advanced formats?

Thanks!

Hi Ricardo,

I just did what you suggested but it didn't work. I will try to experiment more later but for now I think I can settle with the current look of it. The animation (or the animation with the advance formatting) will simply make it sweeter (eye candies). :)

Thanks!
Hi All,

Any progress on animation for Pie and Bar charts?

Thanks
Animation still does not work on BarCharts and PieCharts. Any update on why?
Hi Cody
What type of animation you want for your graphics? 
This Oml in the Forge makes some animation on slice selection on pie charts.

Cheers
Hi Andrew, I guess I was expecting some form of animation on load like you see with the LineChats not with interacting with the graphs. So if there is not animation effect when the graph initially loads then that makes sense why I don't see anything happening.
Cody Ahlquist wrote:
Hi Andrew, I guess I was expecting some form of animation on load like you see with the LineChats not with interacting with the graphs. So if there is not animation effect when the graph initially loads then that makes sense why I don't see anything happening.
 http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-versions/196/HighChartsComponent

With this component, you can indeed have the "load animation" on bar Charts.

Test it at: https://joostlandgraf.outsystemscloud.com/HighChartsDemo/Fiddle.aspx

and add the following code to the fiddle:

chart: {   
       type: 'bar'       
    },
    plotOptions: {
            series: {
                animation: {
                    duration: 2000                    
                }
            }
    },

Thanks @ J. for the component ;)