System Components Translations

Hi all,

As you probably already noticed all eSpace modules of the System Components solution are system eSpaces and as so it is not possible to change them and this is an issue when you think of adding translations to them.

We're now challenging the community to provide translations of the System Components eSpace modules!

How can you participate?
Export the language resources from the latest oficial version of the eSpace module, translate them and send them back to us (post it here if you wish) so that we can incorporate these in a next release.
We'll give you credits on the change log of that version!

What if I don't have the latest version?
No worries. If you'd like to add the language resources to an older version of the System Components module and use it in your applications you can also use the procedure described below.

How to do it?
Let's assume you want to provide translations for RichWidgets. (The same procedure applies to other eSpace modules in the System Components)
To export the resources from the eSpace you need to download RichWidgets from Service Center to your hard drive and open a command prompt on that folder. Use the following command line to export the language resources:

c:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 9.0\Service Studio\ServiceStudio.exe -export RichWidgets.oml . xls

This will output the file RichWidgetsLanguage.xls on that folder. Just follow the instructions in the file to create the translations.

Translating resources can become a trial and error kind of task...
It surely can... There's really not enough context on an excel file to do the job right at first.
What you need to do is test your translations and the following procedure will tell you how to do it.
Warning: this procedure implies creating a new version of the eSpace RichWidgets. See below some considerations about this.

Use the following command to import the language resources back to the eSpace module:

c:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment\Service Studio\ServiceStudio.exe -import RichWidgets.oml RichWidgetsLanguage.xls

Now you need to upload & publish the eSpace back in Service Center. Under the 'Factory' tab select 'eSpaces' and then 'Upload & Publish an eSpace' and provide the RichWidgets.oml with the newly translated resources.

Next you should have a test eSpace module that uses RichWidgets and that has a complete coverage of these translations. Publish this eSpace and test the translations.

Translations look good, what's next?
  • If you're translating on the latest version of the System Components then send the translations back to us. Be sure to identify what language(s) you're providing translations for because we will only use those translations.
  • If you're translating on a older version you will need to publish and the eSpace modules that depend on RichWidgets and stage this new version of it across your infrastructure.

What happens if I upgrade the OutSystems Platform and publish a new System Components solution?
Chances are that if you or anyone else already provided those language resources they are already included in the System Components solution, but if they're not just folow the previous procedure to add the resources.
Be sure to export again the resources from the eSpace modules because new functionality might have created new resources to be translated!

Disclaimer
OutSystems will reserve the right to include the translations in its product if and when it sees fit.
OutSystems will include these translations into the System Components as community supported translations.
OutSystems will only not provide support for community supported translations.

Thank you!

Cheers.
By André Vieira
Hi André,
And what if I want to add a new language to rich widget? What should I do?

Thanks!
Regards,
João
Hi João,

Do exactly what I said on the previous post. Export the resources. When you open the Excel file you'll have instructions on how to add new languages. Be sure to identify what language you're providing translations for when you post back your translations.

Cheers,
André

Thanks for the fast reply André!
Let me see if I've understood, If I want to translate the rich widgets to another language, spanish for example, I have to send my translation's file to Outsystems that will incorporate my translation in a new release, right?
If I'm right, How long will Outsystems take to provide this new release?

Regards,
João
Hi João,

That's it. I can't say how long it will take.
Hello André,
In the attachments follows an Excel file with the translation to spanish of the eSpace rich widgets made by my team at Glintt. We have detected that there was a flaw in the translation into Portuguese and have marked them in yellow.
Will we be notified when that translation were included in the eSpace?
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
João
Hi João,

Thank you for your participation. We will look into it.
We'll include information in the change log and I'll post back here when these are made available.

Cheers
Hi all

Everyone can now participate in this effort of translating RichWidgets (and possibly other System Components).
I wonder which will be the most remote language to appear on this thread? :-)

Cheers,
Acácio
In attach is a resX file with the Arabic translation of RichWidgets from our customer. Only the messages of internal errors are still missing translation. Hopefully, we can get these remaining translations in a nearby future and replace this with a new version.
Hello Andre,

I attached Excel file with the translation to Japanese(ja-JP) and Chinese(zh-CN) of RichWidgets eSpace for version 8.0.0.22.
Could you check it, please? We hope they will be included in next release.

Regards,
Yukie Wada

Hello Andre,

I attached Excel file with the translation to Japanese(ja-JP) and Chinese(zh-CN) of Users eSpace for version 8.0.0.22, too. Please reflect this translation as well.

Regards,
Yukie Wada
Hi Yukie,

Thanks for your feedback. We'll re view and incorporate these translation in a near release. 
I'll let you know if we have any quention.

Regards,
João Portela
Hi,

Just to let you know that Spanish (credits to João Martins), Portiguese-Brasilian (Euber Bispo) and Arabic (credits to João Batista) are already available for download.

regards,
João Portela
Hi Andre,

How is it going? When can we use the version which include Japanese(ja-JP) and Chinese(zh-CN) RichWidgets?

Regards,
Yukie
Hi Yukie,

When those languages are included I'm sure João will post here...

Cheers
Hi all,

With 8.0.1 we introduced new elements to be translated.
While some we were able to translate already, others are still missing.

I invite you all to complete these translations.

Regards,
Mário Pires
Ok, I'm not sure what automatic translation process you used, but the Dutch translation of "Type or tap for list" translates to "Start with typing or faucet for overview". Yes, "faucet". You do the maths...
It's the 2nd translation in Google Translate :-)

Here's another arabic version

Hi Andre, Joao,

We found 2 wrong translated words in Japanese (and Chinese) on Service Studio 8.0.1.20.
The Japanese/Chinese words which mean "Upload" and "Cancel" of Popup-Upload widget is reversed.

We found the words had been reversed in the attached file which Mr. Mario Pires uploaded to this thread on June 4th. (for 8.0.1.16)
The Japanese(ja-JP) words (and Chinese(zh-CN) words) of Line 132 and 133 are oppsite in Mario's file (attached), though they are correct in RichWidgetsLanguage_JpnChn.xls wihch I uploaded on Jan-22.

In the attached file (Mario's file)
Line 131: 
 Key = mOMIiq6jRkuGJOWYhUmnEw#Label.2011110042.1
 Location = RichWidgets / RichWidgets / Popup_Upload / Table / Row / Cell / Table / Row / Cell / Button
 Text to be translated = "Cancel"

Line 132:
 Key = UOFjPjyYSEumtZeXv2jxVQ#Label.-1754727903.1
 Location = RichWidgets / RichWidgets / Popup_Upload / Table / Row / Cell / Table / Row / Cell / Button
 Text to be translated = "Upload"

Could you switch the Japanese(ja-JP) words of line 131 and 132, please?
And also Chinese(zh-CN), please?

Best regards,
Yukie

Hi Yukie,

Thanks for the update. We'll try to fix this in the next release.

regards,
jp
Hi Joao,

Thank you for reply and the information. Does the "next release" equal "version 9"? or "version 8.0.1.**"?

Best regards,
Yukie
Hi Yukie,

We recently applied all new translations and fixes. They will be released in both versions on the following dates:
  • version 8: December 12th
  • version 9: December 5th
Since we have new elements in version 9, I will soon post the current translation files so you all can help us translate them.

Regards,

Hi all,

Here are the current translation file for version 8.

If new elements appear until the release, I'll add a new file.

If you find any errors in existing translations or have new ones, please post here describing what you've done.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hi all,

Here are the current translation file for version 9.

If new elements appear until the release, I'll add a new file.

If you find any errors in existing translations or have new ones, please post here describing what you've done.

Thank you.

Regards,
Hello Mario,

Thank you for the information! I understand the release date and looking forward to it.
And I added Japanese translations to new elements in the ver8 and ver9 file.
Could you use them to the update, please?

Best regards,
Yukie
Here is ver8.
Hello Mario,

Here is Chinese translations to new elements in ver8 file. I hope you will include it in the next release.

Best regards,
Yukie
Here is ver9 with Chinese translation.
I'm translating V9 to Icelandic. I was wondering, in Icelandic it matters in what context the words are used how they are written, for example:
10 days ago - would be - fyrir 10 dögum síðan
and
10 days - would be - 10 dagar.

Is there any way to have multiple choises for the user to pick from?
Hi Iris,

Translation is done in context meaning you don't simply translate 'days' in your sentence above you translate 'days ago'. I suggest you follow the process described in the first post of this topic to get a feel of how it works.
Ok, so if I would put dagar where there is days the it wouldn't translate in the right way in Icelandic:

10 days ago would then be fyrir 10 dagar síðan instead of fyrir 10 dögum síðan (the right Icelandic translation)?
The problem being of course, that in some languages, "days" and "ago" needn't be adjacent. We solved it by having custom tags inside strings, so we can replace it in the code (akin to C# {0}, {1} etc.), but in the case of system components, that's not possible.
Here is the Icelandic RichWidgetsLanguage translation
Hi Iris,

Thank you for the translations.
We'll review them and include these translations in a near release.

Regards,
Hi all,

Now that Amsterdam version is live, we will include the Icelandic translations provided by Íris in the next release.

Follows the new RichWidgets (from 9.0.1.4), with the Icelandic translations included. There a few new elements that might need to be translated.

Please review and send us your new or corrected translations.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hello Mario,

Thank you for adding Japanese translation.
By the way, it needs to correct resource file.
Could you switch the translation-on-jp text on Identifier:Scripts.77125.1 and Identifier:Scripts.77125.2?

It should be as follows:

Identifier:Scripts.77125.1;"5?"
Identifier:Scripts.77125.2;"
5/"

Best regards,
Ayumi
Hi Ayumi,

Thank you for pointing that out.
We'll fix that as soon as possible.

Edit: I've checked RichWidgets from version 9.0.1.9 (last GA version), and it is already fixed there.
Maybe you are looking at an older version?

Regards,
Hi Mario,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Yes, the case was caused in older version.
So I will check latest version.

Thank you,
Ayumi
Hi!
Sorry about the delay, here is the translation of RW in Icelandic.
I also have the Users Language translated. Do you also want that one?

With best regards,
Íris

Mário Pires wrote:
Hi all,

Now that Amsterdam version is live, we will include the Icelandic translations provided by Íris in the next release.

Follows the new RichWidgets (from 9.0.1.4), with the Icelandic translations included. There a few new elements that might need to be translated.

Please review and send us your new or corrected translations.

Thank you.

Regards,

Hi Íris,

This initiative is for everything that is System Component. This includes the Users module. Send it away :)

Thanks for you collaboration!

Cheers
Hi André.

Here it is :)

Hi!

We found some errors in our translation so here is the newest version.

With best regards,
Íris
Hi,

I just noticed three translation errors in the Dutch translation of RichWidgets, more specifically the DateTime_PrettyFormat function. The following should be fixed:
  1. “in” should be translated “over”, not “op”;
  2. “hours” should be translated “uur”, not “uren”;
  3. “just now” should be translated “zojuist”, not “nu direct”.
I also checked the way the action works, and it’s implemented quite badly, as it assumes that in any language “in” will come before the time, and “ago” will come after, which I’m sure is not true for all the world’s languages.

Hi,
Please find the attached translations of RichWidgets for Polish (pl-PL). They have been taken from the Platform Version 9.0.1.19. Very technical texts as "Invalid use of ..." and texts for deprecated widgets have been omitted in the translation

Regards
Tomasz.
Tomasz,

How did you solve the multiple plurals for "Record(s)" in Polish? Or were you lucky there?

Kilian,

In Polish 2 records is: "2 rekordy", 5 records; "5 rekordów". So, the translation is "rekordy(ów)".

We are generally used to such work-arounds :-) because a lot of Polish native applications don't deal well with such multiple endings (in generated texts, of course) as well.

Regards
Tomasz
Ok, thanks. I was wondering because my limited knowledge of Polish did tell me there was something with it, but I couldn't quite remember what...
Hi all!

Here is a translation oft the User Language. I sent it before but it doesn't seem to be in the eSpace translation. Is it possible to get it in?

With best regards,
Íris
Hi Iris,

Your translations are included in revisions 9.0.1.35 (Amsterdam) and 9.1.0.8 (Bali).
Maybe you where looking at an older version?
If newer version do not have the translations, than that is a bug.

You can check our credits to you in Amsterdam's change log at
www.outsystems.com/goto/change-log-9

Thanks for the translations!

Regards,
Mário

Hello,

I've made a fix on two spanish translations of Richwidgets version 9.0.1.40.

Best regards,

Vítor
Hello,

Find attached file of Richwidgets 9.0.1.55 with lt-Lt Lithuanian.

Best regards,
Albertas

Hi,
What are the chances that my Polish translations of RichWidgets (posted on 20-10-2015) would be included in subsequent versions? Currently I have 9.1.301.0 version and it doesn't contain Polish translations.

Regards
Tomasz
I feel like OutSystems has abandoned this thread... Hope to be proven wrong.
Hi Tomasz, 

Thanks for the heads ups. 
We'll include the missing Polish and 
Lithuanian translations in the next revisions. 

Best Regards, 
Adolfo

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
I feel like OutSystems has abandoned this thread... Hope to be proven wrong.
Hi Killian,

We haven't abandoned you guys :)
I think that in the last iteration Tomasz's translations passed under our radar. I already gave a heads up to the team so that they look at it.

@Tomasz,

Chances are good I would say :). Sorry for letting this slip.

Cheers
Adolfo,

Will my observations about the Dutch version also be included?

EDIT: Phew, thanks André, I was already worried! :)
Hi Kilian, 

We'll try to include them as well. 

Regards, 
Adolfo

Thanks!
Hi,
Nice to hear that ;-)
Thanks
Tomasz
Hello,

I made some changes

Best regards,
Albertas
Hi Albertas, 

Thanks for the new translations. We'll inclue them in the next revision patch. 

Best Regards, 
Adolfo Nunes

Hello,

I made some changes. 

Best regards,
Albertas
Hello Albertas,

Thank you for the translations, we plan to include them in the product in the next revision patch.

Best Regards,

Filipe Rodrigues

Hi,

Starting from 9.1, it seems that testing feature on ConfigureAuthentication page in Users application is added, and Japanese translation for "Username" label, "Password" label, and "Test" button as marked in image is wrong. 

Thus I have attached updated translation file (extracted from 9.1.600.0), and please include it in the next revision.

Thanks,

Emi

Emi Yokota wrote:

Hi,

Starting from 9.1, it seems that testing feature on ConfigureAuthentication page in Users application is added, and Japanese translation for "Username" label, "Password" label, and "Test" button as marked in image is wrong. 

Thus I have attached updated translation file (extracted from 9.1.600.0), and please include it in the next revision.

Thanks,

Emi

Hello, Emi,

Thank you for providing these translations. The changes will be included in the next revision for Platform 9.1.

Best Regards,

Dear OutSystems,
I am Senya Mizuta of BlueMeme Japan. Would you replace the following translation table for RichWidjet, please?
On OutSystems Platform 9.1.401.0, Calendar parts of RichWidjet display strange Japanese characters.
<refer to attached screen capture>
I attached translation excel file on this message, please replace it instead of current file.

warm regards,
Senya Mizuta (BlueMeme)