Chrome on Windows 8 + Input_Calendar problems

Chrome on Windows 8 + Input_Calendar problems

We're seeing issues on Windows 8 with Chrome, where the date fields we have the Input_Calendar attached to are using a strange control to replace the input field, and Input_Calendar isn't working at all. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a fix for it? I took a look at one of the machines doing this, it has no Chrome Extensions or plugins installed that were not expected.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Do you have a screenshot and version for Chrome?
I've had issues with chrome validating text input fields that have the Type set to Email...

Cheers
Andre -

Attached.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Did a search on google...
This was the first hit (good!)
Second was this one. It seems chrome renders an input of type=date with a calendar just as does put a spinner for an input type=number...
I tried the fiddle code there and it showed the same input on chrome in my mac...
It could be that a combination of RichWidgets calendar and Windows 8 (don't know why it would though) is changing the input type to date...
Perhaps you can try to force it back to "text" using the extended properties....

Cheers
Andre -

It should already be set to type "Text" by the platform, because the Input Widget has a type of "Text". I double checked in Chrome (to make sure that the Input_Calendar wasn't changing the type), it is definitely type "Text", at least on Windows 7. Also, when we try this on Windows 8, it doesn't happen... it is only SOME of our users. I cannot explain it.

I will try to do another session with an affected user to see if the system is somehow changing it to "date".

J.Ja
Different versions of Chrome?
I've seen thinks that work fine on one version of Chrome behave strangely on another.
Justin, can you check if the problem happens only on touch-enabled Windows8 devices?

This is probably due to the InputCalendar widget mistaking those for mobile devices.
Carlos -

Nope, all the same version.

Miguel -

That is an EXCELLENT idea. I'm reaching out to my users.

J.Ja
Miguel -

Excellent guess! The users experiencing this BOTH have touch screen devices!

OK, so this is officially a bug I need to report. :D

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Already found a work around for this?

It caused with OS version 8 and the RW component.

We also have the exact same problem.

Kind regards,
Evert
This is fixed in Platform Server 8.0.0.22, which became a Release Candidate a few days ago.

J.Ja
could it be that this bug is back in outsystems platform 9? in chrome version 43.0.2357.124 m (64-bit), running in windows 8.1 desktop mode (and yes, with a touchscreen) 

a normal outsystemscloud environment, version 9.0.1.3.

anyone experiencing this issue as well? in internet explorer, i dont have any issues, while in chrome I cant use the input...
Hi Rogier,

Was your personal environment upgraded from 8? Or has it been requested already in 9?

Cheers,
Miguel
Hi Miguel,

My personal environment used to be version 8 and was upgraded to version 9.

I'm not completely aware of the personal environment upgrade process but it might be the case that System Components (including RichWidgets, which contains the Input_Calendar widget) were not upgraded in the process.

When you see the reference to RichWidgets in your eSpace in ServiceStudio you can probably see its version in the description field. Can you check if it's on pair with the server version (9.0.1.3)?

Thanks
The date control works on an EditRecord but not the semi-equivalent Form control.  It's the form control that's getting generated by dragging the entity onto the interface area - but if you replace and rename it with an Edit Control - the date control then works.
Hi,

Unfortunately, this issue still occurs on touch-enabled devices, but only on some browsers.
From our analysis it happens on Chrome and Opera. On Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge works fine.

My example using:
  • Personal Environment with version 9.0.1.20
  • RichWidgets 9.0.1.20
  • Windows 10 Home
  • Laptop with touchscreen
  • Browsers: Chrome, Firefox
Will this be fixed soon? Is there any workaround besides using the old Edit Record?

Cheers,

João
Hi guys,

This issues is still occurs in 9.0.1.35 for .NET.
There any schedule to fix it?

My environment is 
  • Windows 10 Home
  • Laptop with touchscreen
  • Browsers: Chrome
Thanks 
Fabio

Hi,

Just found out this issue, and I'm guessing is still yet to solve.

No schedule to fix or in 10 we get this fixed? 

As a work around i used the Date Picker from the forge, and this almost serves our needs, just missing the ability to pick a time also.

Best Regards,

Andrew Tabata