Export to Excel File with a Neat Column Header

Export to Excel File with a Neat Column Header

Hi everyone,

I would like to share my way on how to export an excel file with a neat column header. Maybe some may have done it already, but it's worth sharing to those who cannot achieve it.

Ju-chan
Hi Ju-chan,

Just for reference, you can also change the Label property of the attributes to change the header of the excel.
Check the documentation here
Nice Job Ju-chan!

Do you really need to duplicate the list though?

Cheers,
André
@Joao Fernandes: Well, I haven't seen that part, so I won't argue. Thanks too for the reference. ;)

@André Vieira: Maybe no or it depends on the situation. :)

Nice Job Ju-chan!

I also have a need to specify different column headers in multiple excel exports.  I noticed your solution here after noticing a problem with my attempted solution.  Where you have a ListDuplicate in your solution, I have placed a Query.  I have done everything else the same. My problem is that when I view the exported excel file, the last record in the excel file overwrites the first record in the excel file.  I then have the last record as the first and last record and do not get my correct first record.  Any suggestions, or have you experienced that same problem?
Wayne Hodgson wrote: Just as a follow up to my original post for anyone that may read this in the future, I was able to use an advanced query and specify an output structure which enabled me to rename the column headings exactly how I wanted them named in the excel file.  Now my excel file is correctly constructed without missing or duplicated records.

Nice Job Ju-chan!

I also have a need to specify different column headers in multiple excel exports.  I noticed your solution here after noticing a problem with my attempted solution.  Where you have a ListDuplicate in your solution, I have placed a Query.  I have done everything else the same. My problem is that when I view the exported excel file, the last record in the excel file overwrites the first record in the excel file.  I then have the last record as the first and last record and do not get my correct first record.  Any suggestions, or have you experienced that same problem?

As a note to Wayne's remark about the last record overwriting the first, this typically happens in case you use the List.Current of a List in the ListAppend to that same list (so that you append the List.Current to the List). Always use a separate record variable of the same type as the record list, then ListAppend that record to the list.
Boa tarde, 
Alguem poderia passar um exemplo do fluxo parecido com o criado pelo Julius King Chua.
Porém, para exportar uma recordlist para txt (notpad) e fazer download.

Obrigado