ComboBox Autocomplete

ComboBox Autocomplete

Hi I change a combobox to autocomplete but when i run i gave me an error from JavaScript.

Can someone help me I think the error is in the outsystems Javascript.

Best Regards,
Frederico Fernandes
Hi Frederico,

In which browser are you testing this?
If you can, please test in chrome, and using the developer tools (shortcut: F12), tell us the exact error that is happening!

Cheers,

RG
Hi Ruben,

I was testing in IE8 and Firefox (image above) and give me error of javascript, now I am testing in chrome and don't have error only very slow.

If it helps the combo box is created with:
  1. Right-click on the Combo Box widget and select the Convert to Auto-complete option.

Best regards, 
    Frederico

Slow? How many records are coming in one request?
More than 1000 records, but in debug the query is fast after the "end" the appresentation of the results is the slowest part.
My guess is that the problem is there.
Do the following test, do a top 20 of results and test in IE/FF!
Let me know if the error disappears?
Ok the problem is the number of registers with 20 registers it works fine, in IE and FF.

I will try to reduce the records.

Thanks,

Frederico Fernandes 
Great!

Have in mind that an autocomple with more than 50 or 100 results it's not very User Friendly.

Cheers,

RG
Ok I will find another way of getting the data :D

Thanks,
Frederico
Even if you get the data some other way, the problem is in the client side script iterating through all the results to apply the filters. So that won't solve the problem.

For what it's worth, have you considered running the filter query only after a certain number of characters have been entered (Say, 3 characters for example)?
This forces the Search parameter to be more specific, and will reduce the number of returned records dramatically.

+1000 records in a "dropdown" isn't user friendly (at all), limiting the query results like Ruben said should also be implemented. 

Best regards,