How to open an external url in a new tab

How to open an external url in a new tab

Hi guys,

How to make that an external url in a screen action opens in a new tab of the browser ?
I don't have access to extended proprieties to add a "target" "_blank' as it is for simple links .

HI.

The right way would be to use target.
If you can't do it, maybe you want to create a temp page that: receives a link as parameter; automatically opens given link in new tab; goes back to the original page.
That way you can always point to that page and it will do the work.

It is not recommended because information may be lost jumping back and forward.
The 'extended properties' option is the most straightforward...
Optionally, you could build a web block that would modify the link in order to add the target=_blank atrribute to it - in a similar way as RichWidget's Popup_Editor, for instance.
Thank you guys,
I have changed my sceen action to separate links with a if, it soluce perfectly the issue.

in the extended properties section - in the expression editior of the value - what code do you exactly put in so that it opens a new tab ?
didier croughs wrote:
Thank you guys,
I have changed my sceen action to separate links with a if, it soluce perfectly the issue.

excactly how did you do this ?

Sat wrote:
in the extended properties section - in the expression editior of the value - what code do you exactly put in so that it opens a new tab ?
 Hi Sat,

In the extended properties of the link/button, use:
  • Property: target
  • Value: "_blank"
See also (for your reference): http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_target.asp

Doesn't work for buttons

Platform 9.0

Christos wrote: #OutOfDaBox

Doesn't work for buttons

Platform 9.0

Hi Christos,

This will work only for link and not for buttons. 

Currently if you want to give it for button, you need to apply some css styles to your link so that link will look like button. I already have informed this issue to OutSystems.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

You can refer this link Open link in new tab.

-- Suraj B

Suraj Borade wrote: Thanks Suraj, i implemented your pattern and it worked. Only downside is that the browser targeted it as a bad popup and blocked it. Otherwise a good workaround. Thanks.

You can refer this link Open link in new tab.

-- Suraj B