Slow Widget Tree on Service Studio

Slow Widget Tree on Service Studio

Hi there,

After using Service Studio for a while, loading and closing several eSpaces, the Widget Tree becomes extremely slow and impossible to use. When I restart Service Studio everything works ok again. The problem seems worse on more complex Webscreens or blocks. I think it's worse when you have a lot of If's on the page.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Is there a quick solution for this?

I am using Service Studio version 8.0.1.7, but I have noticed this on all versions 8 of Service Studio.

Thanks,
Best regards,
PV

Hi,

8.0.1.8 is in release candiate mode at the moment. I found the performance in SS Was much better. 

Hello,

I tried 8.0.1.8 and the issue persists. I found out this happens when I have more than one eSpace open in Service Studio.
Service Studio has severe memory leak issues, and we also experience regular slow-downs and interface crashes when we've one session open for too long. All I can recommend is regularly closing and restarting it to prevent these problems.
Hi,

I recommend that everyone experiencing this kind of issues to submit feedback with the problematic eSpaces attached or send an email to the support team describing the problem so that we can diagnose the problems and fix them. Thanks.
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Service Studio has severe memory leak issues, and we also experience regular slow-downs and interface crashes when we've one session open for too long. All I can recommend is regularly closing and restarting it to prevent these problems.
 Yes, we are experiencing that but only on versions 8.0.1.* . Previous versions were very stable and, apart from the slow widget tree issue, we could leave Service Studio open for several days without any sort of crash.

João Neves wrote:
I recommend that everyone experiencing this kind of issues to submit feedback with the problematic eSpaces attached or send an email to the support team describing the problem so that we can diagnose the problems and fix them. Thanks.
As someone who reports platform and Service Studio issues almost daily, I would have reported this if it wasn't so ungraspable. It's definitely not a single eSpace, but a combination of eSpaces and their size, that triggers this.

Pedro Vieira wrote:
Yes, we are experiencing that but only on versions 8.0.1.* . Previous versions were very stable and, apart from the slow widget tree issue, we could leave Service Studio open for several days without any sort of crash.
Version 8.0.1.* uses a new rendering engine based on Webkit. Apparently it's not quite stable.
We made some stability and performance improvements in version 8.0.1.8.
Are you using this latest version? Do you still have problems? 
João Neves wrote:
We made some stability and performance improvements in version 8.0.1.8.
Are you using this latest version? Do you still have problems? 
 I'm still having some issues on the page preview: in a particular eSpace, Service Studio runs out of memory, and has to be restarted. And there is still the slow widget tree issue (original issue of this discussion ;-)).

Hi there,

It's only fair to say that I haven't been experiencing any problems lately. Webscreen preview renders fast and widget tree is a breeze to work with. The changes on my environment were:
- I upgraded to Service Studio 8.0.1.16.
- My machine was upgraded to an i5 with 8 Gb RAM and Windows 8.0.

Which did the trick? I would say both.