Outsystems - Sending Emails all at once instead of firing as when they are generated.

Outsystems - Sending Emails all at once instead of firing as when they are generated.

Hi

I have an action which will trigger emails based on certain conditions. These emails need to be receiived in the order they are generated. But the order they are generated and the order they are receiving is not matching.

Also I observed that the outsystems is keeping all the generated emails in Pending status and sending the email all at once instead of sending as when they are generated.

How to overcome this issue ? Any help in this regards is really appreciated

Thanks & Regards
Ravi
Hi Ravi,

The OutSystems Platform email sends emails asynchronous and, by default, in 2 parallel threads meaning that 2 emails are processed at the same time. If you need to keep order in emails you should have a look into RichMail extension. You won't be able to use Email screens though :(

EDIT: 2 not 3 threads. Not configurable.

Cheers.
Very interested why you need it?

Even *if* you manage to sent the emails in the right order, nothing will make it sure the person(s) will get it in the right order?

André Vieira wrote:
Hi Ravi,

The OutSystems Platform email sends emails asynchronous and, by default, in 3 parallel threads meaning that 3 emails are processed at the same time. If you need to keep order in emails you should have a look into RichMail extension. You won't be able to use Email screens though :(

Cheers.
 Is there a way to change the number of parallel threads that should be running for sending Emails ?

Statler & Waldorf and the amazing flappy tweedles! wrote:
Very interested why you need it?

Even *if* you manage to sent the emails in the right order, nothing will make it sure the person(s) will get it in the right order?

We are running a chain of events and whenever one event in that chain fails we have to send the email ...and finally we also have to send an email whether whole chain is successful or not...We always get the whole chain success email before we get  the event step success email notification. 

Ravi,

Just edit my last post...
Ravi -

Stadler is right. There is no guarantee that the emails will be received or processed in the order that they were sent.

Why not build a list of failures or the total success of the process into a single email, and send just that? This seems like the kind of problem that can be solved easily and quickly with a change to the spec instead of spending a lot of time trying to implement a not-best spec and making it work in a way that the technology was not designed to work. Even if you did get this working, would sending people a big pile of emails really be the best approach? Why not just send them 1 email saying, "this has failed, click here for the logs" and the logs show the order of the errors?

J.Ja
Ravi Vakkalanka wrote:
 We are running a chain of events and whenever one event in that chain fails we have to send the email ...and finally we also have to send an email whether whole chain is successful or not...We always get the whole chain success email before we get  the event step success email notification. 

Ravi,

I second Justin's comment.
Looks like you are building an email spammer :)

Cheers
Thank you all. I will be changing my logic as per your suggestions.