Redirecting a page from a method not working quite right

Redirecting a page from a method not working quite right

From a page, I clicked a button to execute some action.  Then at the end of the workflow in the action, it's directed to go to another page.  What happened in this case is that the second page was displayed, but the URL is still the first page's one. 

And also in another case where I used refresh method before the end of a work flow, but the page didn't get refleshed.
Shiping -

1. That is the normal, expected behavior.

2. I've never seen that happen. Please post the OML and tell me exactly where the error is occurring.

J.Ja
1. indeed that is normal behaviour. I agree that you sometimes don't want it 
Thanks.  But I think such behavior is not quite normal (probably a mis-application of ajax here).

I don't know how to create an OML, but in the online vedio from 3.4, you'd see such behavior at the end.  When a new contact was created and redirected to the contact list page, the URL was still for the create page.
You are mixing subjects.
From a page, I clicked a button to execute some action.  Then at the end of the workflow in the action, it's directed to go to another page.  What happened in this case is that the second page was displayed, but the URL is still the first page's one.
 This is normal behavior and can be seen in video 3.4.

And also in another case where I used refresh method before the end of a work flow, but the page didn't get refleshed.
 This is not normal, please share OML. You get it by saving your project locally (or downloading it from Service Center).

Shiping -

The reason for the "redirect" behavior that you are seeing is because it is not a redirect. Under the hood, it is using a Transfer.

Is this ideal? Sometimes, sometimes not. It is good for performance and allows a few other useful things to happen (like the new page having access to the headers and query/post parameters), but for the user it can be strange, especially if they bookmark the new page.

J.Ja
Hi Zhang,

As Justin was saying, this this is normal in the underlying technologies that the platform uses - google redirect vs transfer and you'll be able to find a lot of information.

If you really need to change this behavior, see this topic:
Refresh URL address from action screen

Just as a heads up, I have created an Idea (http://www.outsystems.com/ideas/1618/allow-a-page-transfer-to-be-performed-as-a-redirect/) to make "redirect" an option for the "Go To Destination", since I do think this is desireable behavior in many situations and I think that having to make an Entry and then manage that with External URL is a huge problem.

J.Ja