HtmlToPdf conversion within a loop for dynamic pages?

HtmlToPdf conversion within a loop for dynamic pages?

Afternoon OS,

I think I might be jumping a few steps in the process of hunting for a solution, but I am really looking for confirmation.

I need to be able to send an HTML formatted email - however, the SendEmail component's styling doesnt come through to the inbox (yes, I am clued up about the limitations on html styles in Email applications/programs)...

With that in mind I started searching for a way I could email a file accross to the recipient(s), enter HtmlToPdfConverter...
Is it possible to loop through a list of reciepients, dynamically build a html page (with parameters), convert to .pdf and then send each processes output within an email?
Sure. Just create a normal webscreen that receives your recepient userid, or similar, and displays the html as you want. Then iterate and use htmltopdf to convert your dynamic url for each of your users. Does this solve?

Ok - so I can pass the Web Screen parameters in the HtmlToPdf URL parameter, within the loop.
This would create the page and the pdf file, correct?

I think so, yes.
Ok, cheers Pedro.

But should I use the 'HtmlToPdfConverter' or 'GeneratePDF' action?
The HtmlToPdfConverter action uses the Download action - but i cannot see how I could attach this to an email generated and sent from within the current application, instead of (ultimately) downloading multiple .pdf files.

I assume that what you want is to send one e-mail with several PDF's as attachments. You could call GeneratePDF for each of the users in your loop (the URL would be the "") . This will return a PDF for each one (PDFBinary output variable). Than add each PDF as an attachment to your e-mail (I believe you can do this with the RichMail extension).

Afraid not Pedro.
I need to loop through multiple recipeint addresses, sending one email with a single dynamically generated .pdf attachment to each address... but the procedure you suggest should still be applicable - with a minor tweek.