Opening Popups within an ACTION

Opening Popups within an ACTION

Hi OS,

I have tried a couple of examples to get something like this to work, but cannot fathom how to open a popup_editor from within an ACTION.
I really wanted to perform (some quite substancial) checking before I had to open the (popup) control - if I required it... But the only solution I could find was the WIDGET_CLICK() function, but this is no longer available within version 8.0.1.16.

Can anybody offer a real, working solution please?

Adam -

Do what you normally would do to make the popup link, then set a style on the link with "display: none;". Do NOT set "Visible" = False, that will stop the link from existing at all.

In your Action, call Widget_Click and point it to the invisible link that triggers the popup.

J.Ja

Cheers Justin - found it eventually.
https:www.outsystems.com/forge/component/223/widget-click/
Adam -

It is built into RichWidgets, you should not need to have downloaded anything for the Forge to get it.

J.Ja

Would there be reason I would not be able to find it within a search?
Are RichWidgets not included into a project as standard?
- because I could not locate Widget_Click through the search function...perhaps I just didnt have that particular element included within my project?
Either way, its sorted now. Thanks.
Adam -

RichWidgets is included, but not all functions from it. You need to Add/Remove references to get it.

J.Ja