Set Input Mask

Set Input Mask

Hi all,

My team has found issues in the use of masks in the input fields, we used to use the "Input Mask" component of the forge (we tested the Majora component also), but in our tests, with adroid devices from version 4.0 did not respect the masks. So, in our research we found a plugin for jquery that also works on that operating system. The plugin is as follows: http://igorescobar.github.io/jQuery-Mask-Plugin/.

We would like to know if you have faced this problem too and what the solution adopted.

Thanks

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for posting,
I'm not sure what you're experiencing precisely.
Can you tell us more about this situation?
Where is this happening? It's in the native browser?

What I can tell you right now is that I have previously used a component, called Simple Currency Input that you can find in the forge section in some applications and didn't work either for the android native browser on android 4.0.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
David Farinha
We've used the Input Mask component in an espace (opened in several browsers) without problems. The only fix we needed to do was because of mandatory decimal places.
Hi David Farinha,
We try to use several components that offer masks to input, but in our test the most of browsers work fine, but in android's browsers (chrome, firefox, samsung browser....) didn't work (from version 4.0). Then, in our research, we found a jquery plugin that worked in that browsers. We only wants to know if the community has been through this issue and if there is another approach.

Best Regards,
Marcel Amorim
Hi Nuno Reis,
We use Input Mask component too, but as I said, it don't work in android's browsers from version 4.0, but in iOS and another browsers (mobile and desktop) it works perfectly. The problem occur only in the newer versions of android operational system

Best Regards,
Marcel Amorim
Nuno Reis wrote:
We've used the Input Mask component in an espace (opened in several browsers) without problems. The only fix we needed to do was because of mandatory decimal places.
 Nuno how did you fix the mandatory decimal places?