Personal Environment Limitations

Personal Environment Limitations

Hi,

I read a lot of topics about personal environments but I didn't find about limitations,
Can you answer me that questions ?

- What's the difference ( I mean, changes at the limitations) between Personal Environment and Community Edition?

- As a personal environment developer, can I use this for commercial use?
Hi-

We've documented the differences on our web site. Have you had a chance to review that? CE used to have a limit on the size of the application(s) you were creating, your personal environment has no such limitation.

These environments are tuned for relatively small deployments - apps with dozens of users, which should be a consideration in how you use it.

Sean
Dear Sean,

The web site does not say anything about commecial use ?
Could you give us your light about that?

Kr,
Bart
Based on other posts I've been told that the Personal Edition can be used for commercial purposes without violating any licensing.  You do need to keep the following in mind.

Database size is limited to 1 GB - there aren't many commercial applications that can manage that limitation

Number of Users - the hardware available for your personal environment is limited so depending on the application and your response time needs the practical number of users will be an issue, though the platform itself has no limit.

Service Level - there is no guarantee that the service will be running 24/7 though my experience has been very good.  Also, there is no database backup capability which again no commercial application would normally be OK with.

Hope this helps,
Curt

Thanks Curt.
Hi Bart!

I can confirm that Curt is correct on all counts (thank you, sir!). We make no specific stipulations against commercial use. As you might suspect, we do reserve right to react if our service is being used for nefarious purposes.

Your personal environment is yours, enjoy it! And please let us know if we can help.

Best regards-
Sean