safari does not support sub-menu item popup on ipad

safari does not support sub-menu item popup on ipad

i have service studio 8.0.1.20. I built submenu items on my web screen. When i tap on the menu item, the submenu items do not show up on my safari on ipad. i am running ios 7.1.1. On my PC, it works.

Can someone give a hint? Thanks very much
Hi Alick,

Are you able to use the submenus in here http://labs.outsystems.net/londontheme/?

Have you customized the menus in any special way (e.g. changing them to work onhover instead of onclick)?

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi Tiago,
I am able to use ipad to browse the submenu on london theme which i downloaded and published to our dev server. However, in my own application, i used 4 layers architecture, the lower layer is the app domain espace which contains the menu/submenu entity items, and menu layout. These menu items and layouts are referenced and used by another top layer front end espace. I don't think there is anything i need to customize.

Thank you
Alick
Hi Alick,

If you do not have any special javascript and if the html stucture of your menus is standard, the application architecture should not have any impact. I suggest you try to reproduce the problem with a small example and send an email with it to OutSystems support for help.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Will do. Thank you Tiago.
Alick
Hi Tiago,
I was able to find the root cause. At the menu item link, one property is called Destination/URL, i used GetMenuItem...URL instead of using "#". After i changed it, the submenu items work now on ipad.
Thank you.

Alick
Great, thanks for sharing, that might help someone else in the future.

Hello.

I encountered a similar error. Sadly, I was not able to make it work, even when applying what you suggested. Can anyone provide me example that works on the iPad?